Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DT swiss hub overhaul
  • smoggy
    Free Member

Hi, i've got DT Swiss hubs (untouched for about 2 years) i've decided to have look at them/clean/regrease etc furstly is this wise?

secondly if i do there's a plastic seal on the axl, not a rubber one. can i just prise this off? It;s a very snugg fit so i'm reluctant to just apply brute force!!

is there anyone out there who could help or at least direct to some help please?

cheers

Mister-P
    Free Member
    smoggy
    Free Member

Yeah, i thought it'd be pretty straight forward but it's an old pair of cerit hubs (only from 2007)…but i can't find anything on that link mate….Anymore for anymore? 🙂

househusband

…but i can't find anything on that link mate…

It's there under 'Old Documents':

http://www.dtswiss.com/Resources/2009/OldDocuments/MAN_hubs_Onyx_Cerit_OEM_370_2007_20070404.aspx

smoggy
    Free Member

O.k brill, i've stripped cleaned and regreased (that link was really helpful, cheers!):)
    i've put the hub back together again, but i've got no noise at all when the wheel is "freewheeling" not a murmour! Is this right? When i was putting it back together i followed the diagrams to the letter and there seems no problems with the fit of the hub.

Have i done something wrong here or are DT Swiss generally quiet?

?

househusband

You may have put too much grease in; DT Swiss hubs can be sensitive to type and amount of grease – but if the freewheel is working and they are engaging then I guess you're ok!

oxnop
    Free Member

Serviced my ex1750's recently – was taken back by how quiet they were afterwards (no problems since)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DT swiss hub overhaul’ is closed to new replies.