Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • dt swiss front hub bearing change
  • z1ppy

The wheelset is OEM listed as “DT CSW EM 3.7 straightpull wheelset, 28/28 spokes, 15QR/X12, 584x25C tubeless ready, DT SWISS Pro Head® Reinforcement System, Squorx® alloy nipples” (it a DT swiss with carbon ‘effect’ branded hub) and DT Swiss site say to refer to the Manufacturers website.. which obviously has nothing on it regarding the wheels.

So looking at it, no obvious locking mechanism and I’d normally expect the central ‘spacer’ would push to one side so you can bash the bearing/end cap out, but this doesn’t seem to be the case.. Shirely they haven’t made a completely unserviceable hub?
    More force required?

jimw
    Free Member

Normally on DT swiss QR front wheels, the end caps pull off (can be tight and require using pliers or a vice- taking care not to scratch of course)

The axle is then tapped out taking one side bearing with it, the other is then tapped out using the axle with first bearing removed. Support the hub carefully so that the flanges/spokes are not damaged.

See page 34 in this manual for 240s hub
    https://www.dtswiss.com/Resources/Support/HUBS/DT-Swiss-Hubs-240s-Technical-Manual

If it is an “oversize hub” then you need to remove the qr caps with a pair of allen keys if present, then use a shaped tool to tap the axle out from the hub as above.

See page 37 from above manual. The tool can be made up or you could use a suitable socket if very careful -I’d use a proper drift personally

If yours are different, apologies

z1ppy

No worries, looking at the manuals, they suggest (or I interpret them) saying the axle sleeve sit inside the bearings, this isn’t the case with these, I can see the internal bearing face.
    Reckon the only thing is to try pulling out the end caps and see what can be done from there.
    Cheers for replying Jimw

hatter

TF Tuned are the U.K service centre for DT wheels, they should be able to sort you out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘dt swiss front hub bearing change’ is closed to new replies.