• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DT Swiss forks – are they good?
  • albash82
    Free Member

I’m deciding what forks to put on my decade virtue and am considering dt swiss. Anyone had any experiences they’d like to share with me?
    Cheers,
    Al.

tony24
    Free Member

got them on my carbon 456. very nice forks indeed super plush and the service intervals are great too.

jetmotor
    Free Member

I got an EXM 150mm.
    Love the plushness and the feel of the fork during use.

But mine is a 2008, and they’ve now changed almost everything.
    The remains of PACE is gone for example, and they’ve moved away from the all-carbon approach.

The other thing, is the lockout/launch controll knob.
    There is no remote control, and if you ride on trails with a lot of grass, branches and such that might rub alongside your fork, the turning knob on mine might move itself – changing rebound (same knob as launch control). Not sure if they’ve changed this though.

In general; light, stiff and superplush. But with some minor design flaws.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    beanieripper
    Free Member

They are nice, had a set of XMC130TA’s for a bit, nice and plush and feel good on the trail, if i was nitpicking ide say they were a bit slappy on fast washboard type stuff, looked cool too although the carbon ones do mark quite easily….the thing i couldnt get over though was that ultimately for me Revelations were better performing and much less hasstle to keep serviced..although the dt intervals are about the longest..nice but wildly overpriced for what they are..

whytetrash

love mine, plush and no issues…launch control great, rebound lever can get knocked but its dead obvious if it does (visually) and is easy to flick back into place

fbk
    Free Member

Revelations were better performing and much less hasstle to keep serviced

Really? I replaced my Revs with a set of XMC130s and I’d say they were a significant improvement. They look better (imho), are smoother riding and don’t require the strip & clean every 10-15hrs (not according to the manual anyway – I’ll see what happens when I send them in for their recommended annual service!). They also haven’t developed the almost enevitable motion control oil leak that seems to plague RS of that era.

I like the fact that the lock down releases automatically too – no more getting half way down a cracking descent before realising the forks are wound down & locked out!

My only problem would be the price – I paid around 50% RRP for mine.

All this relates to 2009 models though – not sure how the latest ones compare but they are supposed to be very nice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss forks – are they good?’ is closed to new replies.