Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DT Swiss EX1501 tubeless out of the box?
  • nickdavies

Finally had enough and going to give this tubeless thing a go.
    These wheels should be tubeless out of the box – with rim tape pre attached. They’ve come with a pair of tubeless valves but were fitted with tyres and tubes.

Looking online not much help, the DT Swiss tubeless kit comes with an extra rubber rim strip that goes over the tape, I don’t have this, just the dtswiss tape inside it. Tyres are Maxxis tubeless ready (not UST).

Can I just assemble and throw in some gunk or do I need to do something else to them? Manual states just to throw gunk in but I can’t see how the rim tape is going to hold air…

Cheers

honourablegeorge

Sounds like they have normal non-tubeless rim tape, suspect that needs remocing and replacing with something like stan’s yellow tape.

BearBack
    Free Member

if your rim tape is black with dt swiss logos printed everywhere then you are good to go.

If not and assuming Spline 1 1501, then the rears should have shipped with rim tape.
    Oddly my workbook references that front wheels don’t ship with the tape.
    If they came from a manufacturer as OEM then it’ll be hit and miss as to what they ship you.
    Scott ship any DT wheels with full rim strip accessories for tubeless ready wheels, even though the factory assembles them tubed.

If not, DT’s older accessory tubless kit is a red profiled rim tape that has double sided tape to keep it in place, sealant and valve stem.

New kits the black tape is adhesive backed… one solution.

nickdavies

Thanks, yes spline 1 and that’s the tape on the back rim. Not punctured the front yet though so I shall have to check. I’m hoping given canyon shipped the bike with tubeless valves they’ll have both rims taped too!

Along the same lines, dtswiss gunk or stans gunk?

BearBack
    Free Member

continental gunk….
    I’ve not had much better results with revosealant.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss EX1501 tubeless out of the box?’ is closed to new replies.