Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DT Swiss E1900 and 1700 (+a few others) opinions?
  • rhid

I am looking at a Bird Aeris build and these wheelsets are 2 of the options. The E1900 is 130 cheaper than the E1700.

Is it worth going for the E1700 over the E1900? Other options include Sram Rail 40 and Hope Tech Enduro Pro 4s.

I am tempted to go for hopes as I have always used them but they are 195 more than the E1900. So I was just wondering if the wheel upgrade to either the E1700, the Rail 40 or the Hopes was worth it or should I spend my cashmoney on other things?

I have read a few reviews etc but was hoping for more opinions!

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m not going to help 🙂 I wouldn’t buy some wheels I was going to want to upgrade, wouldn’t want the Hopes with their own rim because I think it is a bit hefty for it’s size so I would be after a set of Bird’s carbon jobs. In fact I’m tempted anyway but can’t justify the cost. Would nicely match my Zero though……

rhid

Unfortunately the Carbon option is not within my price range!!

Afet a bit more research I think is a worthwhile upgrade so will look at either the E1700 or Hopes. I am not too concerned about the weight, I just want trouble free!

daver27
    Free Member

What hubsize do you need? assume 142 x 12 rear and 15mm front or would it be 20mm front? XD or shimano freehub?

breninbeener

As you know i ride clumsy! My hope tech enduro 650b wheels have been faultless

rhid

Thats good to know!

142x12mm and 15mm front, Shimano freehub. I am not looking for a set, these are options on the bird website for their builds so just seeing if it is worth upgrading over the stock E1900 wheelset specced with the build.

daver27
    Free Member

fair enough! i just have a brand new unused set of e1900’s at home XD freehub 142 x 12 rear and 20mm front

hatter

1700’s have a ratchet freehub and a lighter sleeved rim, I’d say they were worth the upgrade.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

They have 1501’s too I think – not sure of the price differential but I hear these are very very good

benpinnick

and a lighter sleeved rim

Actually I believe the E1900 are the only rim in the 1900 series that run the sleeved rims. The old E1900s ran the 533d sleeved rim, but the new ones I am 99% sure run the same rim as the E1700s.

moonsaballoon

I have the 1700’s on my aeris . Had them about 9 months and they have been faultless . They have done a couple of enduros and the tour de Ben Nevis and been ridden regularly and are still true . Can’t fault them

sprocker
    Free Member

I have the 1900’s on my bike and would go for that upgrade at that price, lighter with much better hub.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss E1900 and 1700 (+a few others) opinions?’ is closed to new replies.