Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DT Swiss 240S splined ring tool anyone ?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

having dismantled my hub I find I missed a shot in the PDF and I need a special splined tool to remove a threaded ring on top of the drive side bearing. Anyone near Lancaster got one I can borrow ?

Rorschach
    Free Member

If you struggle locally Mr B I can post you one…I trust you (I’ve pinched your bum and everything 😯 ).Emither in profile.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

cheers – whoever you are 🙂 The shop which sold me the wheel may have one – will find out tomorrow…

I only recall a Chinese girl from Blackburn & District doing that 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Was she racing cx at Northwich aswell?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I can still recall exactly where it happened near Climb Stile!

juan
    Free Member

Tell then to heat the hub before hand

Bolt

Got a home made one you can borrow if you want.
    Am in Preston

Bolt

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

what, heat the hub to make the thread easier to undo ? And who is ‘them’ ? I don’t understand the heating bit, you just hammer, or drive the bearing in with a threaded rod and a mandrel – they’re a snug fit but not really mad tight as there only needs to be quite a bit more friction than in the bearing…

(thanks Bolt, will get in touch if I need to 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

thanks, but The Edge in Lancaster, who sold me the wheel, whipped out the ring in 2 minutes, and it goes back in with just finger pressure 🙂 I hadn’t expected it to be that easy!

Now I’m wondering if the ratchet ring on Hope hubs also screws in? I trashed one when a pawl broke, and Hope replaced it for a nominal charge. I’d assumed it was a push fit but in that case I don’t know how you’d get it out…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss 240S splined ring tool anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.