Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dt Swiss 240s Rear Hub 142mm to Boost Conversion?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Is this possible?

I’ve seen a kit for forks for the 240 hub but can’t see anything for spacing of the rear disc and axle?

Thanks!

Mister-P
    Free Member

The DT Swiss 142 and Boost hubs use different hub shells and there’s no conversion from 142 to Boost.

alexxx
    Free Member

Doh – thanks!

honourablegeorge

Not true, you can get a conversion kit for 240 hubs from Wolf Tooth

Boostinator

I think you need the Boostinator DR

Mister-P
    Free Member

Sorry, I should have said there’s no conversion from DT Swiss and using a conversion will invalidate DT Swiss warranty.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

You can also use the Roval boost adapter kit.

BearBack
    Free Member

No dice for a CL hub though.
    6 bolt only

mjsmke

Surely to fit a 142mm hub in a 148mm frame you just need the correct placement of 6mm of spacers?

honourablegeorge

BearBack – Member
    No dice for a CL hub though.
    6 bolt only

Am sat here wondering if you could bodge the Centrelock to 6-bolt converter and the boostinator on the same hub. I don’t think I’d want to ride it.

oldnpastit

The rotor is moved outboard as well.

Do those spacers actually work, or do they fail horribly after a while?

Rik
    Free Member

Has anybody actually used the wolf tooth boostintator successfully with a dt240 hub?

I bought one, looked good quality but when pushed in to the hub it wasn’t as tight a fit as the original dt one. When you tightened up the maxle there was still play in the wheel.

Wolftooth refused to replace as they said there adaptor was not at fault, as the o ring inside the adaptor was not structural so wouldn’t make any difference to the fit. But with the wolftooth adaptor there was play in the wheel, with the original dt adaptor no play.

BearBack
    Free Member

Am sat here wondering if you could bodge the Centrelock to 6-bolt converter and the boostinator on the same hub. I don’t think I’d want to ride it.

I haven’t seen a cl adapter that allows you to screw a rotor into it. If it exists, then yep, bodge away
    edit.. i have actually.. problem solvers (or Paul) used to do one that cinched up against the splines.. its since been discontinued so I assume it was a horrible idea.

BearBack
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dt Swiss 240s Rear Hub 142mm to Boost Conversion?’ is closed to new replies.