Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DT Swiss 240 rear hub and Mavic rim
  • pickle
    Free Member

I’ve got a rear DT swiss 240 hub which needs new bearings and freehub, it’s laced to a mivic rim (not too sure what though) which is mint!

is it any good to anyone? or just bin fodder?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

How much do you want for it? Pic? Location?

Email in profile! 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ll give you a fiver for it (Dt 240 hubs are knocking on for £300 new….).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Dt 240 hubs are knocking on for £300 new.

Full wheel on a 717 for £180 at Merlin……. 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

I’m based in Hatfield, Herts. I don’t have a clue what it’s worth, which was why i asked the question.

i guess if you can bang in new bearings and source a cheap freehub it’s a cracking wheel. I got it off a Mountvision pro and the guy hadn’t used them at all. I guess the grease had just dried up and the bearings went after a few rides.

i can get some pictures tonight but can email a picture of the wheel on my bike for you.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ohh, cheers 🙂

I’m mostly interested in what’s wrong with the freehub and the rim is really….. Seriously interested though, I can probably sort it if it’s not too far gone. Let’s see some pics then we can take it from there, OK? 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

i’ve got all the parts from it but all it needs are new bearings and a new freehub.

sorry i can’t access your email through the PC at work, if you don’t mind posting it up on here i can send you some pictures.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thanks for the pics.

i’ve got all the parts from it but all it needs are new bearings and a new freehub.

Does that mean you’ve taken it apart? 🙂 What’s wrong with the freehub?

pickle
    Free Member

Just replied to your email, it’s a HUGi 240 which seazed up on me. I took it to my LBS who took it apart and told me it needs new bearings in the hub and freehub, but they advised that it’s easier to buy a whole new freehub than faf on with changing the bearings in it.

pickle
    Free Member

They advised that a freehub is about £50 and the bearings are about the same for two sets (but i’m sure you can get non DT swiss ones for a lot cheaper)

D0NK

in the highly unlikel;y even that poddy doesn’t have them off you 🙂 give me a shout

pickle
    Free Member

Sure no problem.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss 240 rear hub and Mavic rim’ is closed to new replies.