Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DT Swiss 12 x 142 Thru Axle Handle…..
  • lbjones
    Free Member

….fell off over the weekend, Im guessing whilst out riding as cant find it anywhere! Was interesting when I wanted to change the wheel and found no way of removing it.

Anyone had this happen to them?

And anyone know where I can get a replacement handle? Loathe to fork out for a whole new axle when I just need the handle. Initial google search has shown nothing…..

genubah
    Free Member

Was it the plastic version? I heard it was quite a common complaint…
    Won’t DT sort you out directly?

lbjones
    Free Member

Yeah, think it was the plastic one. If its a common issue Ill try DT direct, thought they would just tell me Im a numpty for losing it and to go buy a new one, we’ll see……..

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Fell off huh. Ive only ever broken one when striking my lever on a rock. Plastic one. They are all alloy now. But anyway, they bolt on and you get to the bolt by removing the annodised cover. Im fairly sure a lever off a qr5 axle also fits a 10 or 12.
    I replaced the broken plastic one with an alloy one.

lbjones
    Free Member

Well yes, I say fell off, could well have hit something, don’t remember it but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen!

Think it was the plastic one, remember it seeming a bit flimsy. Not sure what you mean with bolt on, the bit left behind is kind of knurled (like a cassette removal tool looks but smaller). Will have a look later anyway.

DT have told me to contact tf tuned, I hope I’m not starting a merry go round ride, well see……

woodnut
    Free Member

Same thing happened to me and I’m 99% sure it did indeed just fall off. Allen key can be used to get wheel on and off in the short term. I just bought a new skewer, nearly broke my heart how expensive it was, 🙁

jecca
    Free Member

I might be able to help you out :0)
    I have an old one spare. I will dig it out * are the handles easy to remove and switch between one another?

jecca
    Free Member

Yes I have one and the handle just bolts on with an allen bolt. I imagine the bolt has come loose over time and the handle has fallen off
    Can you check if your threads are still good?

Email in profile if you are interested in my old one.

lbjones
    Free Member

Woodnut thanks, wasn’t aware you could just undo the other end! What a numpty, that’s allowed me to change it over anyway.

Hi Jecca, apologies, been offline for a couple of days. Yes thread still looks good so if you’ve got an old one that would be great! I’ll see if I can figure out how to find your email….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss 12 x 142 Thru Axle Handle…..’ is closed to new replies.