Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • DT spokes? any good places to buy from….?
  • lardman
    Free Member

Most places don’t seem to have any supply of DT spokes. Seems like a bit of a shortage (at least in the popular sizes)

I need 271’s and 272’s in Black DT Revolutions.

Anyone use an online place i might not have heard of?
    CRC=No
    JE James=No
    Tweaks=No

boxxer7
    Free Member

any of the german sites tend to be cheapest for DT, Rose bikes seem to be the best at the moment.

nixie

Just riding along?

martinhutch

Normally one of the Germans will have some in. Rose generally, but they only seem to have the stainless ones at the moment.

scotroutes

Rose

ajantom

SJS Cycles tend to have most sizes in.
    Or I seem to remember someone recommending one of the German online retailers for cheap(er) spokes.
    ^ yup as above 😉

goldenwonder
    Free Member

very few places will stock Rev’s in 650b sizes, as it’s an odd build to me.
    WHy not use Comp or is it a weight weenie thing?

dovebiker

Starbike or Bike24 both from Germany – generally cheaper than UK too.

lardman
    Free Member

I had not searched extensively, but could not see ‘comps’ either in those lengths.

I was gonna avoid the Europeans as I wanted them quickly.

I’ll have a look at some of the recommendations.

Ta all.

lardman
    Free Member

SJS= no.

lardman
    Free Member

In the end, switched brand preference and went for Sapim instead. I’m sure they’re all the same.

JRA had those in stock to.

sillyoldman

Odd – Madison have Comps in black and silver in 271 and 272 in stock, as well as Revolutions and Aero Lites in black in 272

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Spokes is generally the one thing that I find is easier to get from a decent LBS. The ones I worked in, in my youth, had a shelf with boxes of them in about 50 different sizes.
    Thing is that, unlike most other things, it’s easier for the shop to just buy a box of 100 in the common sizes that they need for repairs and then pad out the rest of the sizes over the years by buying boxes of 100 in each size as customers ask for them.

TL:DR..? Try a few LBS’s

philtricklebank

Try Eighteen Bikes in Hope. They always seem to have what I need in stock whenever I just call in. They’ll no doubt be able to post you what you need.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘DT spokes? any good places to buy from….?’ is closed to new replies.