Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • DT Forks – Any Good?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hi all.
    I’m a serial fork swapper and looking back, my old Pace RC41s were some of the nicest forks I’ve ever had. I’m toying with something lighter than my Devilles on my Five and CRC seem to have some good deals on 150mm DT forks. How are they reliability wise? I expect the performance to be top notch – am I wrong? Or if I fancy a change should I just get some Pikes?

bowglie

I used to have some and although they were very stiff for their weight, and they were reliable, I don’t think the damping in them is anywhere near as good, or easily tuneable as the latest Pikes (or the old Fox RLC dampers); for aggressive riding, I found them just too linear, but also lacking the initial suppleness of the Pikes. Basically, good forks let down by mediocre damping. Intermediate services are very straightforward on the Pikes, and there are loads of online servicing & tuning guides. (if you do decide on Pikes, it could be worth a look at the German online retailers, as when I bought mine, they were miles cheaper than CRC etc).

HTH

strike
    Free Member

The EXM150 LC2 forks are very good – I’ve ran a set for 2 years now – light/very stiff and dead easy to maintain (you can do every DIY including full damper rebuild) and very good build quality. The forks are very plush and the launch control/lok-down does is a good feature when climbing. All i’ve had to replace in the 2 1/2 years were the wiper seals

Far better than the DT TwinShot forks (see my replies to another post on here!) and I’m only going to sell mine as I’m going 650b!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘DT Forks – Any Good?’ is closed to new replies.