Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DT 350 QR front adaptability?
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I have a new (been sitting in cellar for a while) DT 350 hubset I was wondering about building with some light rims I have for a bike that needs either a 20mm front hub or replacement fork. I don’t really want to replace a 26” fork at this point so I assumed I could just swap endcaps. The caps on the rear hub come off easily by hand as I expected, but the front don’t want to move without levering or pliers. I’ve just had a look down the axle hole in the light and it seems to be unbroken and one diameter all the way down. Is this a hub that’s going to need a full axle swap rather than endcaps or is it completely stuck as QR?

stevied
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the only 350 hubs that will do 20mm are the oversize ones and IIRC they can only do 20mm and are not convertible to 15/QR either.

hatter

A picture of the hub would help.

LAT

There used to be lots of information on the DT website about converting hubs. Having just looked from my phone, this is no longer the case. You may have more luck using a computer.

vincienup
    Free Member

Hm, after some further digging I think I have a future CX bike front hub here rather than anything I can fit to a mtb I own. It looks like the native QR front is not convertible. Pic below, but I think I’m assuming at this point I’m looking for a new front hub…

mariner
    Free Member

Just ordered some end caps for a 240s rear hub from Cycle Clinic.
    They list all the combinations and permutations of end cap but takes some wading through.
    On the other hand you could just ask them.
    https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DT 350 QR front adaptability?’ is closed to new replies.