Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DT 350 freehubs?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Anyone know if the freehub on a 350 spline hub will fit a ‘normal’ 350 hub and vice-versa?
    Looking at some E1650 wheels but they have a SRAM freehub and was thinking of putting the Shimano one on my current 350 hub on them.

benpinnick

It _should_ do. The ratchet wheels all use the same freehubs, so as long as the 1650s use a ratchet freehub you should be fine. I say as long as they do as the 1650 is an OE only wheel, so I don’t know if its a ratchet system or not, but if it is then you’re good to go.

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks Ben. Yeah, I think the 1650 is a OE version of the E1700 (6 bolt v centrelock) with EX511 rims.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hatter

Yup, you’ll need a different end cap as well though, DT do a conversion kit Madison code HBDT3745S.

You’ll also need some of the red molykote special grease for the freehub splines, but if you’re running a DT Ratchet you should have some of that anyway if you want to maintain it yourself.

stevied
    Free Member

you’ll need a different end cap as well though

I currently have Shimano freehub with 142 x 12 end caps. The wheels I’m looking at are SRAM freehub with 142 x 12 endcaps. Will I not just be able to swap freehub & endcaps over?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DT 350 freehubs?’ is closed to new replies.