Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dstar LED – repair/upgrade
  • jamesfts
    Free Member

I’ve a set of these lights I’ve had for years and absolutely love them, used with flood optics on the bars to compliment a cheap Chinese spot light on my lid. Great quality of light, strong mount and light body with a battery that seems to last forever.

Only problem now is that it’s starting to show its age, the lead into the back of the lamp has started to jump out and has a dodgy connection at the plug/wire union into the lap. Also either due to age or cheap lights getting brighter it doesn’t feel as bright as it once was.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a source of parts or somewhere that can fix/upgrade it? I’m sure I’ve seen a username with dstarLED or similar on here, possibly the guy who built the incredible Intense balance bike with mini Fox forks…

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure Stevied on here made the d dstar lights…

If it’s not him, then I’ll pop him a message on mtbr..

Should be able to do something pretty good upgrade wise, 3 xml leds..not sure how they will work with the current optics.

jamesfts
    Free Member

That rings a bell actually… thanks for the offer of sending him a message, much appreciated.

If I can just get the wiring sorted I’d be happy though any slight upping of the output would be great though what I like about it is the optics – great flood with no hotspot at all.

stevied
    Free Member

James, yep as GD says, that’s one of mine. Drop me an email and we can discuss options. Glad to see one still being used 😉
    steve_dees at hotmail.com

jamesfts
    Free Member

Thanks for getting in touch Steve, have sent you an email.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Still using mine, awesome light

stevied
    Free Member

Still using mine, awesome light

😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dstar LED – repair/upgrade’ is closed to new replies.