Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • DSLR sensor cleaning; DIY or take it to a shop?
  • clodhopper
    Free Member

My camera needs it’s sensor cleaned. I have no problem with taking it to a ‘professional’, but a bit of googling suggests it’s something I could quite easily do myself. I’m wondering what paying £50+ will achieve over buying a kit and DI myself. I suspect the average camera shop wont have a 100% sterile and dust-free environment in which to do the cleaning, so surely it wouldn’t make any difference if I did it at home? I am a little concerned that it might not be done properly, or at worst, damage the camera, which could end up being a nightmare to sort out (if I **** it up, hey ho and I can probably claim on the house insurance).

Any experiences of this? Recommendations for kits, or decent, reliable cleaning service in N/Central London?

holst
    Free Member

DIY

PrinceJohn

I did it myself never got it as clean as I wanted. Tried the local camera shop, they didn’t get it any better.
    Bought a new camera.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clodhopper
    Free Member

“Bought a new camera.”

That’s a bit extreme. 😯

As much as I’d like a new camera, I’m not sure spending upwards of £1000 is a reasonable solution…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘DSLR sensor cleaning; DIY or take it to a shop?’ is closed to new replies.