Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dslr – Arctic Butterfly – Any views?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Struggling with dust on the sensor on my d80. I have a blower, tried swabs (expensive over the long term). So fancied trying an Arctic butterfly as they are so compact I’d be able to take it with me on cycletours.

Questions- are they worth the money? how effective are they? If my sensor is clean (no smudges) can just use the arctic butterfly?

And any other views….

Cheers

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I havent tried one of those. I did try an airbrush in a can from a pc shop.

Don’t do it! I caused blemishes across the mirror and a send back to Canon …so be a bit careful with what you try.

wildheart
    Free Member

I bought one a couple of years ago and used it once.The brush vibrates and the problem I had was it managed to pick up a load of grease from around the mirror,this grease was then spread beautifully across the sensor ! Proper disaster.Never had the courage to use it again.I now use thiswhich you can get here

No problems and simple to use.

Great name though-Arctic Butterfly !

user-removed
    Free Member

I use Eclipse fluid and pec pads. My cameras get a battering at weddings and I change lenses a lot. The fluid and pads system was the first I tried. It worked and I’ve stuck with it ever since. It’s pretty cheap too, which helps.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Thought about the butterfly thing along with sensor pen and mini vac gadget

Figured if it was fluid and pads for the shops and pro’s that was the right way to go

Does the job and can’t ask for more than that

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dslr – Arctic Butterfly – Any views?’ is closed to new replies.