Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Drying out a car advice anyone?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m currently drying my car out, but it’s just got a leaky seal. Even so, it managed to get 4″ of water in the footwells. Then it grew 3mm of mould all over it.

Seats and carpets out to vax, remove the sound deadening and replace. Spray WD40 over as many of the fasteners and wirings as you can find to push the water out, unplug all the plugs etc. Spray with ACF, dry it all out with dehumid, refit.

Gribs

You’ll want to take the seats, carpet, and underlay(sound deadening)out. Otherwise it’ll take a awful long time to dry and stink. Just using a dehumidifier isn’t enough as the underlay will hold a *lot* of water.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Ours was a Mondeo. I can sympathise, the air intake is very low, you are lucky not to damage the engine internals.

I would dump the seats, pick up a new interior from a breakers or ebay and wet vac the carpets and use a disinfectant cleaner if you have access to a bissell or something similar.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

In true, classic STW fashion.

You need to fit a wood burner dude!.

Seriously though, I can get big kilo bags of desiccant from work, gimme a shout if you want some. They can be dried in the oven at home too.

mushrooms
    Free Member

I didn’t realize my car was flooded until one day I parked it on a hill and came back to deep puddles in the rear foot wells.
    I found it difficult to get the last of the water out while it was on the flat so parked it back on a hill and let the water build up in the rear foot wells again.
    Definitely lift the carpets if you can.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Drying out a car advice anyone?’ is closed to new replies.