Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Drying facilities at work
  • RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I’m trying to get improved facilities to dry clothes at work. We have limited space unfortunately. I thinking along the lines of a tumble dryer but there could be noise issues. Has anyone got any other ideas?

toofarwest
    tthew

In order of effectiveness,
    -small space heaters in the plinths under lockers.
    -Heated towel radiators in the changing room.
    -High pressure steam drum on a 120bar, 200MW power station boiler.

Appreciate that at least one of these solutions may not be entirely practical where you work. 😀

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Hey, I like the looks of that Dri Buddi Indoor Clothes Dryer. Work are fairly reluctant to spend money on additional facilities it seems but that looks like a nice budget solution to buy for myself and store in my locker for when I need it. Finding a free socket could be an issue though.

senorj

Befriend your building maintenance people . If you’re in an office there’ll be a utilities room ,probably in the basement.
    It will be hot in there. Airy staircases that no one uses.

aP
    Free Member

I understand that asking for your own coat stand is the best option. One side for a week’s shirts, the other for damp cycle clothing.

MoreCashThanDash

Boiler rooms or server rooms are usually pretty warm.

SimonR

Moved buildings since but a while ago we got wire lockers put in (with each locker tall enough to hang clothing) with one of those long cyclindrical electric heaters running underneath. Worked a treat.

Now using the cable tidies under my desk – less than ideal!

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

We bought one of these a few years ago – a little bit of an investment but brilliant bit of kit

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21736/Dry-Soon-3-Tier-Heated-Tower-Airer

Come in – chuck wet gear on. pick up dry gear the next day. folds up.

TM

Dibbs
    Free Member

I just take a second set of kit for the ride home, we’ve got a drying room but even if I dry my kit it still starts to pong after I’ve ridden about a mile.
    I just wash an dry both sets of kit when I get home and it’s ready for the next day.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“that Dri Buddi Indoor Clothes Dryer. Work are fairly reluctant to spend money on additional facilities it seems but that looks like a nice budget solution to buy for myself and store in my locker for when I need it. Finding a free socket could be an issue though.”

be very careful.

after a series of fires on our facilities caused by cheap ebay e cig charging – we are not allowed to plug in personal items no more…..

hot_fiat

Get friendly with IT – the back of server room racks make brilliant clothes dryers. 😉

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

Ive got one of those dri buddy things, they are good but they are noisy

TooTall
    Free Member

Are there others in the building who would also benefit from this? Get together with them and see about making a case to management that it would be a good thing and used by lots of people / good PR / green transport etc. Also, have a word with building maintenance / management and ask them what the art of the possible would be. Get the people who might help on board before you try and solve it for yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Drying facilities at work’ is closed to new replies.