Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Drying 5:10's out in our glorious Summer
  • valleydaddy
    Free Member

Can anyone help?

As recent convert to flats and the joys of 5:10’s I have not had the joys of wearing them over a Winter yet. However this glorious British Summer is causing me to seek a way of drying out these sponges of shoes.

It was ok when I wasn’t riding often they had time to dry in the bottom of the airing cupboard but in the quest to get fitter I am riding more often and would rather start off in a dry pair of daps.

Is the only answer another pair of daps?

Thank you in advance

Pete

chakaping
    Free Member

Is the only answer another pair of daps?

Yes, or two.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

When they’re wet just wear a pair of Sealskinz.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t.

chvck
    Free Member

Newspaper and whack them in the airing cupboard. If they’re still wet then just wear them with thicker socks.

moose
    Free Member

Just be careful, The sole under the insole is cardboard on my 5.10 Impacts. Dry gently, like others have said.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I gave up in the end and bought a second pair in the CRC sale. One pairs drying while the others being used.

moose
    Free Member

I have a pair I no longer need if it helps.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I’m trying them in a DriBUDDi

that the wife bought when the tumble drier blew up so hopefully that will be a solution.

However Moose you have an email

br
    Free Member

Upside down on the AGA works for me, put them on when I come in and ready for next day.

bullroar
    Free Member

My procedure, get home and stand 5.10s against garage wall for half an hour or so, this allows water to drain to the heel cup. Empty water out and squeeze water out of the heel fabric and tongue. Fill shoes with newspaper and put in the airing cupboard overnight. Plan B if the heating is on is the top of a radiator but the smell can offend other family members.

hainman
    Free Member

+1 for the Radiator

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Waterproof socks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Drying 5:10's out in our glorious Summer’ is closed to new replies.