Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dry jeans (Nudie content – not like that!)
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some Nudie Grim Tims (‘Organic Dry Navy’) and love them…I was wondering how many people actually follow the advice and go 6 months without washing them? I like them as they look now, but am quite interested to see what’ll happen (other than creating some kind of biohazard) if I give it a go.

Also as a PSA: This site has various models/colours for £60-65 at the moment which seems to be the cheapest they’re available.
    http://www.jeanstore.co.uk/brands-nudie-jeans-co_nudie-jeans.irc?id=8000885&tagHdrId1000003=8004671&tag=qsl1000003

warton
    Free Member

I went 18 months on one pair.

My oldest pair is 10 years old, although the crotch has just gone!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

18 months, wow! Did you air them in the garden/Febreze them, etc?

Rickos
    Free Member

What’s the idea behind not washing them?

Markie
    Free Member

What’s the idea behind not washing them?

That one day you’ll be sipping a beer outside a stylish drinking establishment and a Californian of Japanese extraction (or, indeed, a Japanese who has spent heritage learning time on the West Coast) will stroll over to you and say ‘sweet fades’.

6 months and counting.

warton
    Free Member

I did febreeze them more than once.

They get really oily, its weird. The reason for doing it is makes them look better after the first wash. They age better.

bigblackshed

I went 6 months with a pair of no name Japanese jeans. I was expecting a lot of colour loss and maybe some marbling. Didn’t look any different after the soak. Bit disappointed to be honest.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I believe “epic fadez” is the correct terminology 😀 Most of mine I give a cold soak when new and hold out until they get a bit beefy, don’t keep them in your wardrobe with the rest of your clothes.

Rickos
    Free Member

Oh. Right. Isn’t that all a bit too cool? You know, a bit hipstery?

neilc1881
    Free Member

My word, if I didn’t wash my jeans for a fortnight they’d make the house uninhabitable. Even after a day or two the missus makes them live outside.

yoshimi

Few pairs of Nudie/Paul Smith, oldest coming upto 2 years old, still not washed, just can’t bring myself to do it!

martinxyz
    Free Member

The other extreme is showing your selvedge to the extreme. I like to keep my socks entertained with mine. It’s a bit played out showing it in a turn-up.

edit: a 3.5″+ turn-up.

Edric64
    Free Member

I expect your sister will wash them when you give them back to her

wrecker
    Free Member

I can’t get into grim tims. Average joes and hank reys for the large of thigh amongst us.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dry jeans (Nudie content – not like that!)’ is closed to new replies.