Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Drumlanrig opening times?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

On the website its says open from 11am-4pm. Is it possible to get into the car park before 11, would prefer to start a bit earlier and relax afterwards. Would we have to park outside the grounds and ride in?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

No gates, so just rock up and ride. Pay when you get back. If indeed there is someone to pay.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You have to pay in the cafe. Couldn’t remember gates or anything but it’s been a while since I’ve been, and that’s always been for races.

simonralli2
    Free Member

The only thing is the cafe is not open early so I guess you can pay there or at the gate afterwards. It’s all free on week days too (which is beneficial to unemployed locals 🙂

Have you ridden there before? You’ll have a great ride.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

bangin on – Member
    Drumlanrig TOTALLY open, and free to ride at the moment as no one mans the kiosk at this time of the year.

Snack bar and Rik’s Bike Shed open 10:00 – 4:00 Fri, Sat, Sun

Trails riding superbly and all very, very pictursque in all it’s autumnal glory..

Go on try something different, you know you want to…………

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Yeah, SXC, 4 hour enduro a few years ago and the SSUK when it was there. Looking forward to doing it for fun 😉

Stu_N

Was down at Drumlanrig today, was riding really well (though I may be one of the few people to come off because I didn’t slide out on a root I thought I would slip on!).

You can park up at the castle any time (within reason – I think people do live there as well!) and ride from there. If there’s anyone there to take your money it’s well worth the £2 out-of-season parking charge.

Northwind

Yup, was lovely today… The weather gives it whole different characters doesn’t it. Love it…

iainc

nearly went there today but opted for a Mugdock local. I was hoping these posts would all say it was a slippery root fest -)

Northwind

It was, a wee bit. But manageable still, everything ridable without excess caution required- just needed a slightly different approach from last time I was there.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Had a great time there today, although don’t know about everything rideable. I thought better of one or two very rooty bits.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Everything is ridable if you have the skills. And it is 97% get-aroundable in a shonkytastic fabulous beaming-smile-inducing bike-going-sideways-and-failing-to-get-over-the-roots manner even without the mad skillz 😀

Northwind

“And it is 97% get-aroundable in a shonkytastic fabulous beaming-smile-inducing bike-going-sideways-and-failing-to-get-over-the-roots manner even without the mad skillz”

Yeah, there was a bit of that too 😉 Ended up going back for second tries at a couple of bits. And a third try at one :mrgreen:

simonralli2
    Free Member

I think there is just one bit I can’t ever see myself doing due to the fear and that is maybe a 3 foot drop of roots which is about 100metres before quite a large wooden bridge. Ahhhhhhh!

Edit – just remembered I took this photo of it!

September 4th by simon ralli, on Flickr

Northwind

Heh, yep, rhink that’s the bit that took me 3 gos :mrgreen: There’s a legitimate easier line that goes across from right to left on that and avoids the big octopus tentacle root snarl. Which is just as well because I was bottling it off the straighter obvious line…

Man I love Drumlanrig 😆 Even when it makes me brick myself.

banginon

😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig opening times?’ is closed to new replies.