Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Drumlanrig conditions?
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

Anybody been to Drumlanrig recently? Website says some trails closed due to forestry work but that is dated May 14.

Thanks

banginon

All the trails are open, and have been tweeked and tickled thru the summer so are riding well.

The first black loop has only just opened and may need some bedding in before full speed is gained.

Rik

banginon

And, as the season and country park season is over you won’t have to stump up at the kiosk.

The loos, showers and bike wash are all open tho’ but you’ll need to take your own food and beverage.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Thanks for the update rik. Had a cracking run around the red last week. Look forward to coming back soon.

bland

Good fun place is drumlanrig, need to get back soon!

joshvegas
    Free Member

In November I am taking my friend mountainbiking she loved glentress blue and bits of red. I had considered drumlanrig instead but I’ve never been would a novice with little fear and a live of speed get on okay there?

Northwind

That’s it settled, riding at Drum this weekend- cheers Rik!

drslow
    Free Member

Rik, has anyone ever put it to the powers that be, that it’s an excessive charge for MTB only. Surely a tiered ticket, grounds only, house only, combination ticket setup is the way forward? I deliberately don’t go to drumlanrig with my 2 mates as we’re £13.50 (many years since I last went to highlight my point)to use the trails, no interest in the house, plus we don’t spend as much at the cafe. Surely attracting more MTB’ers getting their extra cafe spend and telling their mates is the long term aim?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Josh, I wouldn’t. Great news the black is open again Rik.

Northwind

Don’t know whether a price cut could be good business attracting more people, but it’s a bargain in my book to ride there. I’d pay more (I don’t though because I’m a ****)

rene59
    Free Member

It’s expensive as a single visit, but a season ticket is only £15 and that’s a bargain!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Best showers, bike wash and toilets at any trail centre too. Thomas Tosh in Thornhill for awesome cake, or the Drumlanrig cafe a couple of doors up for a greasy spoon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig conditions?’ is closed to new replies.