Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Drumlanrig 8
  • banginon

Right then Singletrack……time to spread the word ..please!!!

It’s taken me a while to get everything in place but finally the Drum 8 is go..

7th July
    8 hours 9 – 5 and finish the lap
    9k ish quite techy lap

Solo, pairs and threes Solo SS and spot prizes

Beer, burger and band after.

£40 to race,

Camping Fri and Sat.

Hiring in a shower block so a weekend charge of £10 for adults £5 for kids or £25 for family ticket all of which, will give access to the adventure playground and gardens etc

Mail me for an entry form on mtbrik@aol.com

Rona

Brilliant news … thanks Rik.

allthepies
    Free Member

Good man Rik, visited Drum. a couple of wks ago and you mentioned this. Hope it goes well.

Vortexracing

spot on

Can’t wait

hope the weather is ordered 😀

GHill

I’ve plugged it on the Glasgow MBC website. Shame it clashes with me doing the GGW and WHW, or I’d be there.

boxelder

Is the entry form an email job, or paper?
    Mailed you.

boxelder

bump

banginon

i cam email it or send it in the post

pixelmix
    Free Member

Bump bump. Email sent Rik. Hopefully I can make it – sounds like a good event.

Sam

Would love to Rik but unfortunately it’s kinda short notice and the same weekend as 24-12.

boxelder

Mailed, but no entry form yet??
    Keen to go.

Vortexracing

YHM Rik

jonny-m
    Free Member

£40 to race, and £25 for a shower for me and the wife and kids over the weekend….
    I thought it was going to be a bit cheaper than 10 @ kirroughtree ?
    Have I got that right?

banginon

£40 gets you race, Tshirt – burger, beer and band

Camping ticket gets you two nights camping with showers (not a cheap thing to hire in) and access to the castle grounds for a whole family for two days.

Of course you don’t have to camp and can pay a regular admission to the estate for your family if you want.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Just giving this another bump in case anybody else missed it.

Pairs entry from me coming your way shortly Rik. Looking forward to it. Hope you’ve ordered good weather – I’m rubbish on wet roots.

Chrismc1
    Free Member

Hi Rik I have dropped you an email.

Cheers

willv

So the £40 doesnt include entry to the estate itself, just the race entry/t shirt etc etc?

pixelmix
    Free Member

My understanding (which may be wrong) is that the £40 includes your enntry to the estate and parking, but not entry to the face house/garden bits, nor entry for your family if they are just mooching around all day.

postierich
    Free Member

Confused I want to race and camp so £40 gets me a race entry,shower beer and burger and a dodgy band my daughter and GF comes they dont want to shower and will be sleeping in the van with me so how much? 😉

pixelmix
    Free Member

postierich, have you got the application form from Rik?

I just looked at it for you and it would seem that you will need to pay a total of £65 – i.e. £40 to race, £10 to camp, £10 for your gf to camp, and £5 for your daughter (also £25 for two adults and any number of kids).

Apparently “a camping ticket gives access to all the estate facilities”

PS – just re-read my earlier post. Apologies for the numerous typing issues there. 🙄

postierich
    Free Member

Hmm will give it a miss then times are hard and all that 🙁

Surely camping should be free and you pay for the showers like the SSUK a few years back!

robertgray05
    Free Member

I’m totally in. Mayhem whetted my appetite for endurance mud racing, and I suspect there might be less walking involved at Drumlanrig…

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I would love todo it but I’m slow fat and would make it round 2 laps at best!

Good luck with the weather hope it’s sun all the way.

Trekster

Steve … Get some like minded mates and form a team 💡 You will all enjoy it

stevewhyte
    Free Member

If only I had some mates Trekster!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Was round the drum today, it’s pretty wet, hope it dries for you all.

Also very overgrown in places, how about someone taking a few gallons of roundup and a napsack sprayer. Along the tails, I know I’m a poof but there are only so many nettle stings I can take.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Trousers mate, an awesome invention.

boxelder

Wet ground AND nettles……..

…are they sterile, or should I up my echinacea dose?

Imagine if there were midges too, and a little mud on the campsite.
    Yikes.

😉

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Hope you all come off right into a big bunch of them, your cock falls out and you get helmet rash! :p

Vortexracing

Just got an email off Rik, event cancelled 🙁

Not enough entries and so he is looking to hold it in August or September.

daveb
    Free Member

I had been hoping to do this, hadnt sent my entry in yet as I normally hang off in case of injury etc etc. Hopefully it will go ahead later in the year.

I do think it needed a bit more of a push, apart from here I hadnt seen anything advertising it. (I am sure other advertising was in place, just I didnt see it)

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Well it looks to me like the course could do with some attention, not that it had anything to do with low turnout. I know a biker who live les than 5 miles from drum who didn’t know anything about it! Seems to me Rik needs a media expert on board.

postierich
    Free Member

needs to get a reality check would like to ride and £40 would be about right for entry,camping for everyone and a shower!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig 8’ is closed to new replies.