Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Drumlanrig ?
  • iainc

Contemplating a few hrs Sunday morning as local Mugdock stuff likely to be a mudfest. How are trails ? All open ? May alternatively nip up to Comrie as both are just over an hour drive.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Iain, I’ve some new stuff to show you down Ayr/killie way. Not this weekend, off to the World Cup on Sunday, but shortly. Can do a really nice chilled 60k loop from prestwick that is 90% off-road. It’s sweet.

iainc

That sounds ideal, maybe late June or after Arran ? 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, defo. Would be a good Saturday all day ride.

iainc

Great, will keep in touch

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

60k? 90% off road you say? Do tell. Never bothered bringing the mtb to work (prestwick) but I could be persuaded

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d like to know that route to as I live in killie. Do share please.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You boys are more than welcome to come anaw. My local usual routes have always been from prestwick up through St quivox to auchincruive, then I have a decent choice of routes mainly close to the river all the way up to failford. Recently I have been riding a nice wee loop round Mauchline/Catrine, which although only 12k, linked to my usual route I reckon that would be about 60k.

It’s no exactly the tweed valley, but there’s some lovely singletrack, nice wee jump spots, beautiful woodland and the river Ayr gorge is pretty cool too. And there’s the stair inn too, good food and beer.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cheesy, where do you work? NATS?.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Nobeer-yep NATS, they’ve showers and lockers so fairly cycle friendly. I’ll cycle in from Glasgow now and again but would rather stick the mtb in the van and do a decent loop like the one you suggest. I’m told good things about the Stair Inn-is the Failford Inn still open?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah I know those trails nobeerinthefridge, fair trek from killie on the mtb though.

tcomc1000
    Free Member

Any chance of a rough map of the route please nobeerinthefridge?
    That sounds a great little route

iainc

Nobeer – sounds like we could get a handful together for a wee ride !

iainc

Anyway….Drumlanrig tomorrow as forecast to be sunny and mud free 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member
    Ah I know those trails nobeerinthefridge, fair trek from killie on the mtb though.

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

No really Gary, I quite often head there from work in drybridge, which is further than Killie. I head through the top of symington through tarbolton. With a fair wind it takes 45 minutes to get from drybridge to stair, where the trails start.

Cheesy – failford in is still open, but not very good tbh.

Tcomc – have a look at strava, find a segment anywhere near the river and I’ll be on it (Greg B) and then have a look at my routes, it’ll be fairly obvious. Again, if ye wanna come out, I’d be more than happy.

Gary_M
    Free Member

No really Gary, I quite often head there from work in drybridge, which is further than Killie. I head through the top of symington through tarbolton. With a fair wind it takes 45 minutes to get from drybridge to stair, where the trails start.

Yeh but I ride 20 miles to work and 20 home

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, defo. Would be a good Saturday all day ride.

Ye missed this! Not suggesting it as an evening ride after work.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The smiley was missed from my post 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig ?’ is closed to new replies.