Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Drumlanrig
  • Liftman

Anyone been recently, is the first black section still closed for logging ?

vmgscot

Not sure right now but I rode a couple weeks ago and you can still head off around the first black but the very top section was taped off (just after the nippy climb – The Old Vic). But you could easily follow landrovers tracks and join again just before the descents (Whoopy Doo, etc).

I also took a sneaky walk where they were logging and the old trail is completely being remodelled with some ‘interesting’ new features 🙂

BoardinBob

Is Rik still there? I’d heard he was up at Comrie but wasn’t sure if that’s permanent?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamesmio
    Free Member

Was there on Sunday but didn’t do the Black I’m afraid – that said I didn’t notice ANY ‘Closed’ signs.

Couple of trees down along the red, but all in all it’s riding really nicely.

Oh, and we bumped into, and had a chat with, Rik as we were heading back to the car which I guess answers the ‘is he still there’ question.

Northwind

I know he’s been doing work at comrie but as far as I know he is (or was) digging there as a contractor rather than relocating.

(any drum fans that haven’t been to comrie- go to comrie. It’s not the same but if you like one I reckon you’ll like the other, they have a similiar feel.)

citizeninsane
    Free Member

(any drum fans that haven’t been to comrie- go to comrie. It’s not the same but if you like one I reckon you’ll like the other, they have a similiar feel.

^This

Comrie is rockin’! The top sectons of red and black are a bit more natural and techy, in a similar kind of way to Drum. The blue section down to the bottom is super flowy, with loads of pumps, berms and jumps. I especially like the little gap jump over the burn.

There’s a little skills area to play on with a pump track, and the coffee and cake from the tea room are ace. Not sure about opening hours for the tea room over winter, was closed when I was there just before Christmas. Disappointed at being denied carrot cake. 😡

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig’ is closed to new replies.