Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 172 total)
  • Drugs……….doin em or done em??
  • AndyP
    Free Member

Ti29er nice choice of quotes. How about these ones:
    some great memories of some amazing times
    Some of the best nights of my life.
    It was an absolute epiphany for all of us
    absolutely no regrets
    I had the time of my life
    very nice
    Good coke is great
    Every time was fantastic
    many a happy night
    Jessop jessop jessop jessop
    an experience I'll never forget
    It was very beautiful.

ergo, drugs are great, etc?

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

Lots

But I am now old enough to know better but still young enough to try.
    Had good and bad experiences…wouldn't change any of them.

Not for everyone but the choice is yours…..

coffeeking
    Free Member

The two lifestyles aren't incompatible – in fact, they mix rather well. There was a point in my life where a ride / camping ride wasn't complete without a smoke, or occasionally a bit of dodgy powder!

No, not incompatible entirely, I just didn't see how it would enhance it, and drinking excessively and using (possibly excessive) quantities of drugs seems to damage the next days enjoyment. I just enjoyed things as they were, and with all the negatives of drugs (and I've seen a few with my own eyes from a relatively small number of users) I never thought it worth the risk either. Never wanted to, never wanted the risk, never did.

BlackDog
    Free Member

Not recreationally but took my pot belge when I was a road rider on the continent in the late 80's – as we all did. Wouldn't touch the stuff now though – business or pleasure.

binners

coffeking. You use the word excessive. But its like owt else. Drinking a few glasses of wine is pleasant. Drinking 4 bottles aint going to make you feel too clever.

Same with drugs. When E's were decent, you'd do one and its all you'd need for a spectacularly good evening out. No need to get excessive at all

freeridenick
    Free Member

Early ninties rave seen was a great time. E's, speed, coke, lsd etc etc – some incredible nights out that I wouldn't change for the world 8)
    Then all the innocence went and the drum and bass darkside kicked in, drugs got horrible, ketamine ain't nice…..
    Gave it all up for snowboarding/biking/scrambling – but no regrets.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Did my fair share in the early 90's.

Mostly Pot and Speed. Never tried E (although part of me wishes I had, but I think I may have liked it too much) occaisionally get a bit of Columbian and some weed but not very often.

Last time I had some coke I enjoyed it a lot but worried that I could easily develop an expensive habit.

Currently getting a bit concerned about how much I'm drinking but heading for a big lifestyle change in January and am going on the wagon.

coffeeking
    Free Member

binners – drinking 1 or 2 glasses of wine wont tip you over the edge into mental disorders if you're already that way inclined, unlike some of the drug options out there. Neither will it leave you addicted after a very short duration of use, again, unlike some drugs.

Too much risk for me, always was.

While many seem to have dabbled with them, most that have seem to suggest they never would again now. For me that's good enough reason alone, without the other risks.

noteeth
    Free Member

Nope, I just liked dancin'

MrNutt
    Free Member

baked onions only.

binners

Saying that moderate drug use leads to addiction and mental illness is like saying having a glass of wine will lead you into being an alcoholic, living on the streets swilling buckfast. It just doesn't work like that, despite what the daily mail would have us believe.

Millions of people in this country take drugs recreationaly. They hold down good jobs, are responsible parents and just normal members of society.

Mind you, I know this particular man. He had overdone it a bit that afternoon 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

Do ground-up nutmeg kernels count?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

binners – Member

Saying that moderate drug use leads to addiction and mental illness is like saying having a glass of wine will lead you into being an alcoholic

It depends on someones personality more, If you have an addictive personality then you are more likely to have your life ruined by either.

have to say though, a few comments on here have been rather boastful of the amount of drugs consumed. While you may have done it, don't boast about it, thats like boasting how badly you did at life.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

This is another debate like helmets of religion – the two sides find it almost impossible to see the other sides point of view and minds are very closed.

Like almost everything in life moderation is the key. Moderate use of recreational drugs causes very little harm dare I say it – the science backs this up 🙂

Alcohol causes more harm than most other recreational drugs. Exctacy is linked with very little harm. Opiates can help destroy lives, coke turns people into stroppy aresholes

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

I like this thread. There's a clear distinction, in terms of 'tone of post' between those who have, and those who haven't.
    So, do drug experiences make people more open about other people's oppinions, or were the people like that before the drugs?
    😉

organic355
    Free Member

Now the drugs don't work, They just make you worse………..But I know I'll see your face again……………….. 😀

tang
    Free Member

when my dad arrived in afghanistan in 1967 the border guard said 'have you got any hashish with you?' my dad being a scruffy hippy had made sure he didnt. 'no' 'what?' the guard said and then fished out a lump of afghani the size of his fist gave it to my dad and said 'welcome to afghanistan, have a nice stay!'

ton

bloody can of worms or what………. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Got any more ton? I shall get withdrawal without my daily Tontroll

ton

teej, this one was not a troll.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Is Brother Binners now a tee-total, non-drug taking monk?

no, but he occasionally rides his bike with one (me! haha!)

Still, I have absolutely no regrets about it. I had the time of my life, whilst all my old school mates were doing the same old, same old, going out to shitty clubs getting blindingly drunk and either copping a girl or copping a fight.

see, for me dave i can say the exact same thing except i was playing guitar in a band that was active all around europe for a while, and skateboarding a lot too and i was getting enough out of it to just not feel even curious about taking anything as well… i'm not saying that those of you who do/did use (so called recreational) drugs shouldn't; it's just never been for me, that's all.
    i used to get called 'boring' on a regular basis by workmates when i would occasionally go to the pub with them but not drink booze, and yet they'd be baffled when i pointed out that at the exact same time every single weekend they'd know which bar they'd be in (and it would always be the same one), yet i'd most likely be in a different city (or even country) from one weekend to the next so how come i was the boring one?!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Well in my past now but…

Never tried crack. Most other things: yes.
    Best were (fresh) acid and opium. DMT *very* occasionally.
    Worst was coke. Particularly other people doing it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

don't boast about it, thats like boasting how badly you did at life.

That says more about you than people who have done drugs.
    Not everyone does drugs because they have some sort of deep rooted inability to cope with life … can I call you a failure for being uptight, judgemental and unwilling to live a little?

marts500
    Free Member

free range organic magic mushrooms…handpicked then dried and crushed from the field behind my house.
    Giggles…paranoia…strange image bending hallucinations..followed by a landing of relief and the outrageous munchies.

naokfreek
    Free Member

I have had many 'experiences' some good, some amazing, some not so good but a learning curve none the less.

For all their parts, i like them all.

I think it's good to experience everything you can, good or bad.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Into the northwest "rave" scene back in the early 90's and everything else that went with it.Good times.Met the wife in bowlers,manchester in 95 and were still going strong.

Keva
    Free Member

Any kind of illegal drug will ruin a persons health, mentally and physically.

They're illegal for a good reason.

Kev

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow keva great insight everyone knows that alcohol and tobacco are as safe as can be that is why they are legal.

Lets see your eveidence then…we will start with death rates then 🙄

user-removed
    Free Member

Drinking coffee as we speak – is my life over?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Keva

Note the relative placings of alcohol. tobbaco, cannabis and ecstasy

Junkyard
    Free Member

what is the rating TJ?
    How dangerous experts think they are?

Keva
    Free Member

I was being facetious… TJ – I posted that up some time ago, it can be found on the BBC website. I've done more than my fair share of drugs in the past, still enjoy a few spliffs at the w/ends, took a mushroom trip earlier this year – nobody remember the post ? Coffeeking said I'd poisoned myself. Plus I've been to the Amazon twice in recent years to drink ayahuasca which isn't really taking drugs although some would argue differently. And for the record I'm in perfectly good health, 40min 10k runner.

Kev

Dancake
    Free Member

Never enjoyed pills or Cannabis. Discovered speed in early 20s and thought it was the best thing in the world at the time.

I dont know it is with other groups of friends but with us there were the people like my Wife and I who just sort of grew out of it and those like one of my freinds who ended up almost dying a few years ago through Heroin (had a vein rerouted in his leg in the end apparently (no I dont see him any more))

THe chap in question had a girlfriend, baby, house. He tried rehab twice but it just didnt work. I have seen him drinking on street corners now, alone with his smack-headed mates.

We were all the same at the start; having fun/ going out. We literally would not go out without grabbing some base first.

Would not touch the stuff, now. Do I regret it? Of course I do. You think you are having fun at the time but playing Video games and drinking for 12 hours weekend after weekend just gets so boring. There were the odd unforgettable nights but many many forgettable ones. How many days wasted sleeping all day…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Keva – too subtle to be seen in text.

Junkyard. Yes – it is an attempt to produce a rational way of assessing these things looking at the harm caused to individuals and to society by drugs.

I can only find the methodology in pay to view acedemic journals

Junkyard
    Free Member

i used to have to teach this to teenagers it is just impossible to do it without them realsing that the current laws are ridiculous as some of the illegal drugs are [far]safer than some of the legal ones. To try and defend the current position to people armed with inquisitive minds and statistics is impossible.
    Cheers TJ will save that pic

DezB
    Free Member

have to say though, a few comments on here have been rather boastful of the amount of drugs consumed. While you may have done it, don't boast about it, thats like boasting how badly you did at life

You need to drop a E mate and chill out.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

"have you tried the weed these days – shit is strong man!! – not like it was back in the day!!"

how true this is. I was best man on a stag do recently and 11 of use shared an 1/8 in some soup, not much by my uni standards – everything went horriby wrong and we were all tripping for the rest of the night (which ended about 8.30pm with everyone in bed and the groom very ill).

xherbivorex
    Free Member

people telling other people they shouldn't do drugs is boring and pointless.
    people telling other people they should do drugs is boring and pointless.
    we should all just get on with our lives, substance-free or not, and stop caring what anyone else chooses to do (or not do). i think that by now, most (if not all) of us are aware of the potential risks involved in using whatever and therefore should be able to take responsibility for our own actions.

DezB
    Free Member

In this thread, I think you'll find it's only the people who haven't done drugs who tell those who have that they shouldn't. (Apart from my, obviously not serious, comment above)

zaskar
    Free Member

No drugs but been addicted to chocolate and training/riding.

Taken Aspirin…

IGMC

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Drugs……….doin em or done em??’ is closed to new replies.