Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Drugs in pro cycling… what does it mean to you
  • plumber
    Free Member

If it produces moments like this then I don’t give a **** what they’re taking

hh45
    Free Member

I love road riding and watching the big races and whilst it saddens me I don’t care that much about the drugs. I had rather assumed after the 1998 Festina scandal that they were being kept out and then even more stupidly that Hamilton, the Amish bloke and Contador were one offs. Now (age 44) I really am cynical about em all. If Cav and Wiggo get done in a few years I wont be surprised and not too disappointed. Its still an amazing sport to watch live or on TV and no amount of drugs would enable 99.99% of the population to compete in those races. I cant even ride down hill that fast.

That said i do think UCI and other bodies are v poor administrators. If it was an instant life ban from the whole sport for any rider, soigneur, coach or team boss that got caught and that tests were all unannounced and a bit more cunning then surely they could cut out most of it?

sideshowdave
    Free Member

It means sweet FA to me, what people want to put in their bodies is up to them.

robsoctane
    Free Member

I haven’t enjoyed all of the comments but I do have a serious question:

How do riders get away with doping?
    Are tests not given before the race?
    If so are the type of drugs that riders take undetectable?

It’s against the rules to dope so anyone who does it should not get a second chance once caught. However, I don’t think that they should be banned actually. The performance enhancing drugs probably bring more excitement to a race…

I think the testers should get their act together and catch them before the race. Unless I’m missing something – so do tell.

stevious

For me, the main thing is not being able to trust the results of the sport. I find myself unable to earnestly cheer someone on if I suspect they might be cheating.

On the flipside, I’ve found the Armstron case FASCINATING to read about. It’s like a David Simon TV plot.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ll bother watching any of the grand tours anymore (apart from maybe a few mins of highlights now and again). I think the sport could be in slight danger with a few big sponsors pulling out.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Drugs in pro cycling… what does it mean to you’ is closed to new replies.