Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Drug dealing round your home
  • milky1980
    Free Member

The car was back again this morning, another deal took place by the looks of it. Going to keep a log to forward on if they reply to my original email.

As for bikes and drug dealers? Drug-addicts tend to need money to fund their habit. Bikes are worth money and easy to sell on. I like my bikes very much and they cost a few quid too. I’d like to keep them please.

Xylene
    Free Member

Is it not better that it is regular customers and not lots of random people?

Cougar

Are career junkies inherently more honest than occasional partakers? Every day’s a school day.

alanl
    Free Member

If you havent lived need some scrote dealer, then you really cant comment on the hassle they cause around the area.
    One moved in close to us a few years ago. 20-something single mum, pleasant enough to speak to. Then we noticed the numerous cars blocking the road regularly while someone went into the flat she was in. Then the numerous boyfriends she’d have round, which ended up in a fight in the street between 2 of them. Then the drunken/drugged youths shouting in the street at 2am. Then the cars full of 18 – 25yo’s (probably at the lower age range) who turned up at 5am, with stereos on 11, who thought it was good fun to run their cars round the block we live in as fast as they could.
    It wasnt fun. Luckily, the Police did take an interest, after complaints from pretty much everyone in the street, and she was taken away, and finally evicted after paying no rent.

footflaps

I’d report them to the Police without thinking twice about it.

LMT
    Free Member

When I lived in a flat the guy opposite was dealing and the woman directly below, the guy opposite best neighbour I’ve ever had, took my parcels in when I was at work, quiet no parties couldnt ask for more except the odd police raid at 7am he was ok, his customers all seemed to respect him and he had a kid so mostly kept it away from the flats.

The woman downstairs a nightmare, rows at 3am dragged away by the police loads of times, beat up her boyfriends or customers. Her son and his mates would go out on there flash mountain bikes (never seen a trail) dealing from there man bags. Must of been first few weeks after we moved in, I was going out on one of my bikes, he was in the hallway and smiled saying nice bike have to get one, I had my d-lock in my hand at the time, I made it very clear what would happen if mine went missing and the first place I would be sticking said lock. 8 years later no thefts, but pretty sure he would of.

Dealing is part of modern day life, just log it and report it.

spchantler
    Free Member

Different ball game from your uni days, when you popped around to your local pothead for an eighth. Drugs, even so called soft drugs have much closer links to other types of organised crime these days. Thank god it’s not your teenage kids getting involved. Report it.

DezB
    Free Member

About as likely round here as a gangland drive by shooting. ie. not at all.

g5604
    Free Member

The police are useless. All they care about is paperwork. Every time I have come in contact with police they have shown no interest and are often patronising e.g you should have a stereo that is removable.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ I disagree.

Our daughter was grabbed by a man in Newcastle when we were there on holiday, pushed away by my wife, he grabbed and kissed our daughter, she is 5. WHen I called 101 after my wife told me they took it really seriously. Unable to catch the person, but I was very impressed with how serious the event was taken.

I had only called in just in case it had happened before and they wanted a record of it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve only rung 101 a couple of times and both times resulted in something being done about what were relatively minor things.

Quite impressed by the police TBH, can’t be an easy job when half the population believed you should commit unlimited resources to their problem, and the other half refers to you as the po-po and acts like a middle class white gangster behind a keyboard.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Drugs in one of those where they are looking at the entire problem, just because you don’t see an immediate reaction doesn’t mean nothing is happening. Better to get them and the levels above on something that will stick than have let a load go and ditch a load of long term work.

cubist
    Free Member

Our daughter was grabbed by a man in Newcastle when we were there on holiday, pushed away by my wife, he grabbed and kissed our daughter, she is 5.

Thats a bit more sinister than dealing a bit of weed though.

I would imagine the level of response you get from the police depends on the level of crime in your area. If you call the met to suggest the local youth are dealing weed I imagine you’d get a different response to if you called the local rural station.

I also expect that the problems associated with having a dealer living nearby are directly related to the substances they are dealing and if they are a careful dealer with any intelligence then you wouldn’t be able to tell they were there.

milky1980
    Free Member

Well, the drug dealer is no longer here 😀

A police van came round about half an hour ago and parked outside. Then two patrol cars. They went in the block of flats then 5 minutes later they came back out with him in handcuffs and put him in the back of the van.

Feel a bit happy that I did report what I saw, even if it didn’t directly result in action.

devash
    Free Member

Excellent result OP.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

The thing is, it’s not the drug dealing that’s antisocial – it’s the **** they attract to your street.

We had a dealer a few doors down (Hebden Bridge – whattya gonna do?). He was attracting all of the local pond life to our street at night and into the early hours. We’d get people banging on our door (“sorry mate wrong house”) jumping up and down on the cars, and lots of noise.

Anyway the residents went to the next NPT meeting and suddenly “tackling antisocial behaviour in X Street” became a priority. In short, the police booted the guy’s front door in one Saturday morning, led him away in cuffs, and removed all his cannabis plants.

If he’d been a bit more subtle about it, and told his friends and customers to behave themselves with the neighbours, then no-one would have cared. But he didn’t. So we did.

And very, very fair play to the police for acting on local concerns.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Well, the drug dealer is no longer here
    A police van came round about half an hour ago and parked outside. Then two patrol cars. They went in the block of flats then 5 minutes later they came back out with him in handcuffs and put him in the back of the van.
    Feel a bit happy that I did report what I saw, even if it didn’t directly result in action.

Excellent. A result

brant
    Free Member

We had a dealer a few doors down (Hebden Bridge – whattya gonna do?). H

Hangingroyd Road?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

No Brant it wasn’t but it doesn’t surprise me there are similar problems elsewhere in the town.

CountZero

What does
    ‘I don’t want to attract trouble to myself, especially as it’s obvious I have bikes on the premises’

got to do with drug dealing?
    A trick question, Shirley?
    What do you need, a PowerPoint presentation with bullet-points?
    🙄

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Drug dealing round your home’ is closed to new replies.