Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • drug addiction.. despair.. choices
  • BermBandit
    Free Member

A bit less judging and a bit more understanding and sympathy would make all our lives a little bit better…

Personally I don’t think any more than this needs to be said

HermanShake
    Free Member

Lose someone to drugs and it’s a lot harder to be so opinionated. I bet the condemners of misuse have not known someone at the sharp end of addiction.

Sometimes STW is like reading the Daily Mail.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I have as said in my prev posts, I have known substance abusers/drinkers and I felt compassion for them. But compassion is what they often feed on – it took me a while to fully understand that. I also saw utter selfishness and how content they were to put their “much loved” families through misery, fear and anxiety, as well as being more than willing to knowingly encourage other people into the same behaviour.

I see addiction as complex and often with a sad background. I don’t see it as acceptable to destoy others because of it.
    Attention. Control. Ego. You can understand and sympathise with the driving need, but it does not make it OK.

I have not thought of this thread as specific to Amy Winehouse, but as something that raised a general discussion on addiction. But I will end with a quote from a newspaper yesterday, said by her father and I doubt he was being harsh, just stating a fact.

“What she really likes,’ said Mitch, ‘is for people to worry about her.”

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘drug addiction.. despair.. choices’ is closed to new replies.