Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Droughts = Boneshaking rides
  • mrdestructo

We’ve got enough to drink, but we haven’t got enough to ride apparently. Up ‘ere in the heart of the country, Yorkshire, the trails are bone dry and causing my brain to jiggle.

Anyone know any good raindances?

relliott6879
    Free Member

Dry trails are good!

Kryton57

Buy a FS – you have the perfect excuse – avoiding brain damage.

mrdestructo

Buy a FS – you have the perfect excuse – avoiding brain damage.

Already got brain damage, an mTBI. I had headaches after my ride yesterday afternoon, thought it was the sun, nothing ibrobrufen can’t solve though. But my chest feels like I spent time on a multigym yesterday.

Hint: When you go off the road, turn the lockout off. Particularly if yours doesn’t have a blowoff!

Stevelol
    Free Member

Flippin heck, people moan if it’s too wet, they moan if it’s too dry, whatever next!

You obviously haven’t been over the deadly braking bumps at Cannock anyway.

mintimperial

the trails are bone dry and causing my brain to jiggle.

I know! And some of them clearly haven’t been swept for weeks, have you seen the dust! Disgraceful. 😉

The Roman Road up to Hope Cross was like riding on a sandy beach the other day. Completely fantastic, I love it. 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s so dry up here in the peoples repulic of North Yorkshire I’ve resorted to a DMR MotoR on the back of the Pitch, makes it almost plesant to ride uphill.

Anyone tried the MotoR on the front? Or recomend a big volume summer tyre.

footflaps

Really notice it trail running – ground is rock solid right now around Cambridge.

soobalias
    Free Member

if you have been riding enough while the trails dry out, you now have a super fast race track.

FTMFW

kimbers

i believe that down in london they are spending billions to ensure that there is biblical rainfall during july/august

its called the olympics

belugabob
    Free Member

You just need to ride a lot more, to wear down the bumps to a smooth surface.

Then, about a day after smoothness is achieved, It’ll rain like nobody’s business, and you can start making new ruts 😉

smiff
    Free Member

you mean smooth off all the horse hoof holes..

yes insanely dry here too (south east). dusty bikes and gear. smoth tyres and soft brake pads. i love it!

mrdestructo

Word is now we’ve got the worst drought since 1976 and there is a chance it may run right through to winter.

Looks like there’s most likely no need for mud tyres this year for most of the riding. I’ve just invested in some larger tyres to avoid falling to pieces on the trails.
    Now if only CRC would change the order from 6 days ago from “processing” to “despatched” I’d be feeling happier. (edit: which are now out of stock…….)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Where are these dry trails? I rode through a bog yesterday, and that was a supposedly surfaced trail at Dalby!

druidh
    Free Member

What you want is a high-volume tyre running at low psi. That well smooth out most of the ruts in a way that suspension just can’t.

I’d suggest something around 3.8″ wide with around 6-8 psi.

chrisdw
    Free Member

For post ride headaches, try those electrolyte tablets like Nuun. Stopped my headaches!

mrdestructo

@thisisnotaspoon – never been there, dunno why not, I’m only 20miles west. I did hear if someone spills their tea at the cafe the place turns into a swamp though.

I can only fit a 2.25/2.3″ in the rear, I did once enjoy 24×3″ in a street bike, but the moped rider I nabbed them off demanded them back. Maybe I need to take the ibrobrufen before rides instead of after, or become one of those strange walker people 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Droughts = Boneshaking rides’ is closed to new replies.