Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Drought
  • Pigface
    Free Member

How bad is it down south and in Wales? Seems to rain everyday in Scotland.

RustySpanner

Was in Snowdonia all last week – couple of very light showers at the most.

Been chucking it down in Calderdale pretty consistently since Easter.

trailmonkey

parched and in need of rain in devon.

we’ve had a fantastic spring though and i’d be more than happy to see it stay dry until november.

totalshell

cloud bursts all day in rochdale no chance of a drought.. in the lakes last week all seemed full, becks in derbyshire all full at the weekend as well.. is it just a southern thing.. ( god bless em)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s not a drought. Just a nice Summer. 🙂

No hosepipe bans or other such sillyness!

stumpy01

It’s pretty dry over in East Angular.
    Went to Thetford last Saturday & some of it was like a beach, it was very sandy!

I think we’ve had 4 half days of rain where I live near P’boro since April.

The bloke over the road is trying to create a hosepipe ban all on his own; can be seen everyday watering his front lawn for at least 30 mins.

fbk
    Free Member

Drought? Ah we can but dream… 🙁

footflaps

Had nearly no rain in Cambridgeshire for months – crop yields are looking very low…

binners

Apparently some areas in the south east have had as little as 5mm of rain since February.

Or to put that in context, thats a third of the amount that fell between 1.01 pm and 1.02 pm today, in the car park in Oldham, as I walked over to my car

BoardinBob

Pissed down every day here in Scotland for the last 6 weeks with the exception of last Friday.

Soul destroying.

freeridenick
    Free Member

bone dry in surrey until we got a good soak sunday night. trails now perfect as dust damped down and soil tacky but not soaked 😛

djglover
    Free Member

Bone dry in London for months, bar one torrential dounpour, up until the weekend just gone; when we have had a lot of heavy rain.

maccruiskeen

Pissed down every day here in Scotland for the last 6 weeks with the exception of last Friday.

Soul destroying.

Blimey – the scotland you live in sounds rubbish, my scotland is much nicer than that

richmtb

Soul destroying.

Yeah last friday was Summer in Scotland.

West of Scotland got twice the average rainfall in May, I should know most of it landed in Fort William during 10 Under!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Drought’ is closed to new replies.