Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • dropping chain sram x9 clutch mech reasons?
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Evening all, been out and had a good ride with a couple of idiot moments. However chain dropped twice, which really peed me off.

RUnning 1×10 sram x9 clutch mech. No chain guide at present, so is there a reason why or is it I just need a guide. Was looking at one of the bionicon ones as nothing else will fit my bike. But cant afford 30 quid at the mo.
    So anyone made a good chain guide?

warpcow
    Free Member

Was looking at one of the bionicon ones as nothing else will fit my bike.

Well that’s likely to be an issue. The only option, I’d say, would be some kind of thick/thin chainring (Works, Wolfstooth, Race Face, etc). A Bionicon would almost certainly do nothing to help as you’d need a top-guide.

chiefgrooveguru

What’s your bike?

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Its a gt zaskar 100 9r carbon 2012. There was a little nubbin thing that the front mech attached to but took it off when I went 1×10 as it was annoying me. Filling with crap.

Tried a bb mounted one before but it wouldnt work as spaced it too far out, and no iscg mounts on the bike either.

Would the bionicon not keep the chain taught thus keeping It on the chainring?

Northwind

I don’t think the bionicon will help either tbh. So I second the chainring suggestion- my Works thick/thin ring has so far worked perfectly, no drops despite some pretty hard tests, no chainguide.

Some people are happy with just a clutch mech, I don’t really understand how tbh, I had to remove the guide from my other single ring bike due to a mechanical (which has a standard E13 Guide Ring not a works fancy ring) and the chain came off about 6 times on glentress falla brae alone, totally totally useless.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Get a narrow/wide chainring

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Whats a wide/narrow chainring

shortcut

It’s like the XX1 chain rings designed to hold the chain better without a guide.

Like wolftooth etc mentioned above.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘dropping chain sram x9 clutch mech reasons?’ is closed to new replies.