Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • dropping bike
  • hainman
    Free Member

So i was trying to put bike in the car a few weeks back and dropped it right on the rear mech,bent the hell out my 3week old type 2 rear mech,so after a few hours i managed to straighten it as much as i could,gears indexed ok and no skipping,but another problem arose,my rear wheel would not remove on the drive train side,it would freely come out of the dropout on the non drive side but it was stuck stuck on the other side,and i mean jammed tight,im now panicking i have bent my frame at the drop out or is it maybe my mech hanger that has bent and moved,causing it to jam my qr axle to become very tight when trying to remove

Thanks for any help

Craig

HermanShake
    Free Member

Mech hanger most likely, easy and cheap to fix. Contact LBS, get one ordered in.

A good look at each dropout should show the drive side as a tear-drop (apt, no?) shape rather than parallel sided. The frame is unlikely to be in the pinched bit with that sort of impact.

rickmeister

Another vote for the mech hanger being bent,

Would this work ?

Remove rear mech
    Release q/r
    Remove screws etc from mech hanger
    Remove wheel with mech hanger attached from frame
    Pour tea, have a biscuit, scratch head for next step.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cookeaa

What sort of frame is it?

Non-removable mech hangers are relatively rare these days, but not unheard of…

hainman
    Free Member

its a Giant reign 2 was hoping it was the rear mech hanger,will order one up and fit that and fingers crossed its fixed,

Cheers guys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘dropping bike’ is closed to new replies.