Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Droppers
  • astura
    Free Member

Im after a new dropper post something with plenty of travel (125mm) and a long post, I have looked over the net and the cheapeast I have found was a rs reverb but its out of stock at planet x, is there anywhere else which are having decent deals?

thepurist

Try the German sites – RS warranty will cover them too so no risks there.

astura
    Free Member

any site in particular?

astura
    Free Member

how much seatpost should you ideally have in your frame?

mallorcadave
    Free Member
    astura
    Free Member

Whats the main different between Gravity droppers and the Tmars/Icelift efforts apart from price? Anybody got any experience with them

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yes I’ve had both and the gd is far better quality and nowhere near as agricultural in use . ( normally around 100mm or 4 inches is a safe bet in the frame)

hora
    Free Member

Tmars/Icelift – I’ve heard its a simple pin inside that bears all the weight of the rider and it can/does snap.

£50 from Far east or…. £170 from some bloke on Ebay UK 😆

astura
    Free Member

There is a GD on ebay which is size 27 I need 31.6 but the guy does have the shim. How trusty are Shims never used them before just get the right sized seatpost

simonside
    Free Member

T-Mars/Icelift have a piss poor lever to pull the cable. GD have a better thought out system that works well and won`t fail when attached correctly 😉
    I`ve run a 31.6 shim on a 27.2 post for 2 years now, without any problems.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve been checking these out too.

XFusion HiLo (seems to get good reviews) £140 at Wiggle in 125mm drop, 31.6mm diameter: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/x-fusion-hilo-125mm-remote-dropper-seat-post-2013/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&utm_source=pla&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=uk&kpid=5360639789

or

Rockshox Reverb 31.6 x 420mm – 125mm Travel – Left -No Bleed Kit- 1500mm hose, £180 with £18 discount???? http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-reverb-seatpost-54780.html?utm_campaign=googlebase-GB&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shopping&utm_term=Mountain+Bike+Seatposts&gclid=CNDR8LK6h70CFWjpwgod1wMANA

You can get bleed kits for the Rockshox Reverb for £15 from Epic Bleed Solutions.

I’m swithering between the two. Want to buy a new one so you get a warranty – seems like they are all quite prone to breaking.

Both come with the remotes too – a lot fo cheaper dropper posts only have an under saddle lever

weeksy

Things like the KS i950 seem completely rebuildable and servicable from an average persons persepctive. I’m very happy with mine after reading the service page posted here recently… Add to the fact they’re quite cheap second hand.

bowie278
    Free Member

Astura, do yourself a favour and get a Reverb. By far the best dropper on the market. Mine’s faced two UK winters and all it’s had is one bleed.

astura
    Free Member

I have been looking into the reverb but I think its quite pricey, probably worth it but a lot. My mate has one on his alpine and I think its great, I had a Ks 900 before with the lever and that was good, had a fair bit of play but still functioned. The dropper will go on my Marin quake, im just thinking the gravity dropper may be better as from what I have read its easy to service yourself, robust and goes up/down at a reasonable price (well 2nd hand).

roverpig

I’ve been running a GD Turbo 27.2mm post in a 31.6mm tube (with a shim) with no problems for the past year or so. Not pretty, but it’s never let me down and can be stripped down and re-built in minutes.

astura
    Free Member

The quakes not that pretty a bike so I think the GD will fit in nicely (tankish) if I can get hold one one 2nd hand that is 🙂

astura
    Free Member

Only coming across chain reaction that do them new, want to try and get it cheaper if possible, anyone know of any other stockists?

jimoiseau
    Free Member

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/shop/seatposts-adjustable-369/brand-gravity_dropper

A bit cheaper than CRC but sometimes have better deals if you’re willing to wait.

astura
    Free Member

I take it those prices are in euros?

astura
    Free Member

just seen the button at the top to change it to gbp (stupido me!)

astura
    Free Member

The search is over, after all that I have managed to get my hands on a reverb for 100 so im happy

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Droppers’ is closed to new replies.