Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Dropper/NotDropper. Orbea's latest offering.
  • Northwind

Yeah, but the cheapest droppers are (IME) not fit for purpose. This one also does something few droppers do with the range of movement.

(I still don’t think it’ll work in the real world but I think a lot of the other criticisms are unfounded)

AlexSimon

Positives over a dropper:
    You can clamp it in a workstand.
    You can fit a bikepacking saddle bag.
    Adjust the drop to a repeatable amount below max (again useful for bikepacking so that the bag doesn’t hit the tyre).
    Ride-ruining failures are less likely.

If it’s reasonably priced (i.e. <£60) and fits many frames, then I like it for my adventure bike

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, but the cheapest droppers are (IME) not fit for purpose

So if it were tmars or nothing, what would you do?

Northwind

Nothing. My Tmars lasted about 3 hours.

Well not nothing, I’d fit a normal seatpost.

molgrips
    Free Member

You still have a broken one?

nickjb
    Free Member

Had 2 years use out the tmars on the wife’s bike. Not full on, extreme use but plenty of riding. Much better than the alternative of a fixed seat post and probably cheaper than this hite-rite2 thing

Northwind

molgrips – Member

You still have a broken one?

Sent it back, full refund on account of it was shit. Doesn’t mean they all fail o’course but £60 isn’t cheap when it doesn’t work and something that works brilliantly is £130 or so.

molgrips
    Free Member

What works brilliantly for £130 in 27.2?

Northwind

Gravity dropper from germany. Only gets you a Descender rather than a remote but upgradable later if you want. Remote is better than lever but lever is better than doesn’t work.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seems like a lot of people do get on fine with the Tmars ones…

nickjb
    Free Member

As you can buy 3 for the same price as the budget gravity dropper option it’s worth a chance IMO.

molgrips
    Free Member

Tmars are £60 or is there a cheaper one?

Northwind – got a link?

nickjb
    Free Member

The price seems to fluctuate quite a bit but you should be able to pick one up on eBay for £50 if you can wait for delivery.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That bike is enduro green too… don’t tell me people were enduroing back then?!

Well, they were riding bikes and having fun, but I don’t think the marketing departments were quite as involved at the time! 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Dropper/NotDropper. Orbea's latest offering.’ is closed to new replies.