Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dropper with layback of choice
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

Due to long thighs I need a layback seatpost.

Most droppers aren’t layback.

What works in those that do?

Ideally 20-25mm layback, and yes the saddle is back as far as it can go

Thanks

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I think you can set the 9point8 fall line post up as an offset/layback: https://www.shore-lines.co.uk/9point8-brand?product_id=313

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Would prefer something at the other end of the price scale

survivor

You’ve not many options here I’m afraid. I’ve always ran the cheaper KS posts due to the same problem but they only go up to 125mm drop.

I’ve recently splashed out on a 175mm 9point8 and very nice it is as well.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yeah the 9point8 is expensive but it was the only one that came to mind that fits your needs. Do Spesh droppers have a bit of layback?

Murray

Crank Brothers Joplin 3? 🙂
    Mine was pretty reliable back in the day.

Alternatively, different bike.

hardtail5
    Free Member

Specialized do set-back droppers. I had a similar search, ended up with an external 30.9 Specialized Command dropper – the one with an expanding collet and 3 set positions.

£230 new about £100 second hand for the one I was getting.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Anyone used a KS eten?

coolbeanz
    Free Member

I’m also using a Specialized Command post.

It’s got plenty of layback and has been pretty reliable. Not quite as smooth/refined as some of the other options out there, but does the job.

survivor

Oh yeah I forgot about the spesh post. My recent search had me wanting 150+ drop so it fell to the 9point8.

I’ve also got a 100mm drop KS eten on my rigid 29er. £55 or something from a German eBay shop. Bargain for what it is but heavy and a bit slow. Not complaining for the cash.

The KS dropzone( that I’ve replaced with the 9point8) I’ve had for years with near faultless performance. These can be had for £100+ in places. “Only” 125mm drop but did me. Lighter and quicker return than the eten.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dropper with layback of choice’ is closed to new replies.