Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dropper seatposts – what's in the wings?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Been using a Gravity Dropper for ages, love it and it’s bombproof, will continue to be used on one bike forever. Also been using a Spesh Command Post on another bike, but not so happy with this, whilst I like the seatpost itself, I don’t like the cable actuated lever, would prefer something a bit more ‘snappy’ and need a 31.6mm sizing. Been considering the Reverb for it’s hydraulic lever, but wondering if there’s something new in the wings (Fox’s DOSS perhaps?) that I should hang out for?

ruscle
    Free Member

Fox is cable actuated apparently, also set drops like GD post, get the reverb £195 from Hibike delivered.

roddi18
    Free Member

Giant are bringing one out that is very well priced.
    Not sure when exactly though
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Giant-Contact-Switch-Adjustable-Seatpost.html

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reverb Stealth is da bling shizzle fo’ sho’, bruv. 🙂

But, only on certain frames so far.

For now, Reverb is THE dropper post to have.

There are many other developments to come from others, though…!

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve heard there is one on the board at Thomson.

DT78
    Free Member

Reverb is great when it works. Several people on here including me have had the seals blow

Northwind

I wonder how many sexy new competitors have come out since the Gravity Dropper now, with not one actually being better… Let this new disaster come, it only makes one more 😉

toys19
    Free Member

The issue with all the others apart from the reverb is a crap seat mount design. Only the reverb has a thompson like seat fixing, the other designs always fail under my fat ass..

james
    Free Member

“and need a 31.6mm sizing”
    Pretty unlikely spesh will offer a 31.6mm as (pretty much*) all their frames are 30.9mm, hence (pretty much*) all their seatposts are 30.9mm too
    *I know there is a 27.2mm seatpost hardtail or two for 2012, there may be or have been others, I couldn’t say

“I’ve heard there is one on the board at Thomson”
    I thought Thomson wouldn’t offer handlebars (to match seatpost/stem) and only do a bolted saddle clamp (I’m guessing a QR lever would require some kind of forging?) as they are pretty much only kitted out for CNC type machining (bike parts being a sideline?), so Thomson getting into hydraluic internals makes me question that?

“new competitors have come out since the Gravity Dropper now, with not one actually being better”
    Can you get a GD with more than 4″ drop? Can you get a GD with more than 3 factory set positions?
    I’d like a GD, but I’d want at least 5″ drop and at least maybe 0″,1″,2.5″ and 5″. Ideally more, ideally wherever I’d like, like the swivel chair I’m sat at now, or my KS i900 before it stopped staying down or the ‘patented no slop’ system wore out and became very sloppy even with new key guide pieces

Northwind

james – Member

Can you get a GD with more than 4″ drop?

Yes, up to 5 now.

james – Member
    Can you get a GD with more than 3 factory set positions?

Think they only supply them with a single stop but you can add your own.

james
    Free Member

You can add you own? What take it to bits and ‘machine’ in some extra stop holes/indents?
    My view of the GD has changed somewhat ..

Hmm GD website is saying 5″ in 30.9mm only, it’ll fit my current frame, but If I want something that has 31.6mm in future it won’t fit, if only if was 27.2mm ..

Northwind

Aye… No idea why they don’t do a 31.6, it’d just be a single extra inventory part. Daft on their part.

To add extra stops you just drill more holes. But, to be fair, the standard holes are already a weak spot, adding a bunch more might be enough to cause problems. Never tried, I don’t make any use of the variation of my KS either so I’ve just stuck with up-down.

nedrapier

Reverb looks good. no 27.2 though.

Can I shim up my seat tube?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dropper seatposts – what's in the wings?’ is closed to new replies.