Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dropper Seatpost – Reverb length?
  • nickdavies

Hi all,

Going to get myself a reverb dropper seatpost. Have had a bit of a mooch online but can’t find any info on this question.

How is the seatpost length measured? I’ve found a reverb new for £180 which i’m sold on, but it offers length of 380 or 420mm. Which measurement does this relate to, the top or bottom tube or whole thing?

I’m assuming it’s the whole thing – it’s going on an 07 stumpjumper FSR which doesn’t leave much room for seat post excess as the shock gets in the way.

Also – how do these work regards layback seatposts? I’ve got a layback now but I still find myself over the back of the saddle on longer climbs and i’m a bit concerned that the seat is essentially going to be even further forward – is there much back/front adjustment in the rail attachments?

Cheers

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack but where is the £180

The length is at full extension by the way.

puddings
    Free Member

what length is your current seatpost?

Superficial
    Free Member

Reverbs are a bit offset – there’s perhaps an inch of layback at most.

nickdavies

Really? Looking online they show as no offset. I’ve got a layback post currently and the saddle is as far back as it can go – which makes me think the reverb might not be suitable.

Worked the length I need out though thanks – current post is 380mm but i’ve cut it a touch short really, considering i’d gain 40mm extra travel downwards as the 125mm drop is more than the 80mm manual travel on the stumpy, the 420mm reverb seems the obvious choice.

craigxxl
    Free Member

The minimum exposed seatpost on a Reverb is 190mm from the seat collar to the saddle rails. The rest is depends on how much minimum insertion you need but most will only the 380mm version

Superficial
    Free Member

There’s definitely more of the clamp behind the post than there is in front of it. On looking at pictures, it’s possibly not as much as an inch though. There’s some trick you can do to reverse the clamp on top, giving you more layback.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dropper Seatpost – Reverb length?’ is closed to new replies.