Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dropper seatpost for short arse
  • treklass

Hi there, I am looking for a dropper post for a diminutive but bonkers rider… Unfortunately, due to lack of height we only have 130mm of exposed seatpost to play with -I.e. distance between collar and seat rails. Does anyone know of a post we could buy that would be short enough? Thanks for any assistance.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Depends if you have an interrupted seat tube.

My reverb is the 355mm with 100mm drop and in a Giant Trance is just right for me at 5ft 7 so should suit you.

On my hard tail I have to have it raised rather than all the way to the collar.

Hope that helps.

treklass

What is the distance between seatpost collar and seat rails if it is fully inserted though? I thought I measured the reverb at closer to 140mm+

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Let me go measure – 2 minutes.

treklass

Superstar, thanks

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

140 from collar to middle of rail.

treklass

Sadly way too long as I need something 130mm or less from the seatpost clamp to seat rail. Thanks for the photo :-). At least I know the reverb is a no…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Glad to help.

thepurist

Iirc the lev is a few mm shorter than the reverb but 1) I was looking at 125mm drop, 2) it was a few months ago so I could be wrong and 3) I’d pretty much decided on the lev anyway so was just looking for extra excuses…

nickjb
    Free Member

In the same position with the wife’s bike. Couldn’t find anything so I’m toying with modifying one of the £70 eBay ones. Looks possible.

BearBack
    Free Member

original Joplin 3
    3″ drop.. very little collar space and you can trim the internal post slightly also.

legend
    Free Member

Sounds like a reason to buy a new frame to me!

treklass

Does anyone have experience of the Spesh command 75mm post? I’m nervous of modifying anything tbh…

treklass

@legend, a new frame is out of the question. She’s already on a XS Yeti 575. They don’t make too many aggro bikes for someone who’s 4ft 11 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

There are some Lev and Reverb measurements in this thread.

I think that you’ll need a 75mm drop post in the end.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dropper seatpost for short arse’ is closed to new replies.