Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Dropper seat posts – are they worth the £200
  • mtbant
    Free Member

Worth 200 yes.
    I would buy another at the drop of a hat if it stopped working beyond repair.
    It even makes getting on and off the bike easier for lazy riders like me 😉
    I will agree with the drop it for a technical climb at whim gets you over that little bit of rock or root, or even if your about to fall off drop it and regain balance.
    Servicing is an issue you will have to deal with, grit and mud will take its toll but no different to other moving parts.

spudnick
    Free Member

not worth £200 for me. I picked up a warrenty replcement ks900i off the classifieds on here for under £100 about 6 months ago. no problems with it at all. just service it as and when it starts to stick

AlexSimon

I know most of them are remote now, but it’s worth pointing out that I think the remote is an essential part of the appeal.

honourablegeorge

AlexSimon – Member
    I know most of them are remote now, but it’s worth pointing out that I think the remote is an essential part of the appeal.

I’d say the remote is the whole point.

covbuggy
    Free Member

Thanks all – I think I will defo be getting one.

Mugboo

At the risk of insulting people, I only know one person who rides techy terrain well without dropping his saddle a little, and he is truly talented.

To really get the most fun from a ride, I need the saddle slightly down for lumpy stuff, up for longer climbs and out of the way for steeper, dafter rolls and descents.
    Most of the riding I do is like this. Before, it was all a compromise, now its always perfect 🙂

BlobOnAStick
    takisawa2

My mate loaned me a GD to try out on my Niner.
    Not my cup of tea. Can appreciate why folk want them though.
    Wasn’t the functionality at all, it was the ride…it made the ride stiff. Std Thomson post must flex a bit.

smogmonster

That Traildrop looks interesting at £87…has anyone used one?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Dropper seat posts – are they worth the £200’ is closed to new replies.