Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dropper posts… and all the things you used to put on your old seatpost
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Just invested in a RockShox Reverb which to all intents and purposes looks like the dog’s danglies, but I have a real world problem in terms of living with it…

What with it being winter soon, I’ve managed to get my crudguard to mount betwixt the collar and the seatclamp, so hope that’s going to work, but where on earth to put a back light and / or seatpack?

I do usually ride with a Camelbak, but sometimes prefer a seatpack for short local rides when I’ll take a bottle. I have the Topeak ones with the bracket on the saddle rails, but it also requires a strap around the seatpost. Equally, all my rear lights are seatpost mount ones too.

What are the STW massive doing with theirs please? Have I missed something obvious? (as if).

PS: I got round the light issue by mounting my Exposure Flare around the Reverb’s collar, but it’s fairly well obsucred by the crudguard, so is hardly ideal.

BoardinBob

put a light on a seatstay, back of your helmet or camelbak

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yeah – it’s just the early morning darts where I grab a bottle and head out. Might try the seatstay but always think I’ll clip it with my heels (clumsy plates of meat here).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jeffus
    Free Member

I have a mini LED light that wraps around the base of the reverb by the clamp and then larger lights hanging off my back pack, mine has been fine in the mud so far but not ridden a winter yet, my KS900i lasted 2 winters fine, only effect was the cold which made it slow to return.

jamiec360
    Free Member

I’ve got an old spesh seat pack on the wife’s bike that only mounts to the saddle rails but still has a quick release clip on the pack itself. Really stable as well no need for seat post clamp, maybe see if they still do one of those?

nonk
    Free Member

get a more xc/roadie type top with pockets in the back.

monogramman
    Free Member

Get a fizik gobi saddle, there’s a clip in the back for attaching either a saddle pack or led unit.

GW
    Free Member

bolt a light straight onto the mudguard, being plastic you won’t even need to use a drill for the mounting hole

alexpalacefan

Zip tie on hat with light. Kit in jersey pockets

APF

float
    Free Member

try mounting a bag inside the main triangle…?

yetim
    Free Member

my reverb has just broken again i think, it stopped returning so i sent i back, i held off putting it back on untill i needed it. three rides back in use and is is not returning again,

i love it but that is useless!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dropper posts… and all the things you used to put on your old seatpost’ is closed to new replies.