Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dropper post or not?
  • kevin1911

I have reverb’s on a couple of my bikes, and love them.

Swapping one frame for a cove stiffee, which has an odd 30.0mm seattube.

Of course, Reverbs don’t come in 30.0, or 27.2mm, so I can’t decide whether I should get an X-Fusion HiLo, or just save some cash and get a plain seatpost…

What would you do?

Extra info – 1) I like that the Reverbs just work consistently. Have heard of various issues with HiLo’s. 2) The seatpost can expect to be covered in mud, muck, grit and water on a very regular basis 🙂

K

tomhoward

ks lev?

kevin1911

Haven’t they just had a big fall out with their UK importer?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sambob
    Free Member

18 Bikes will ream it to 30.9 for you, they’ve done it on a few Cove frames.

kevin1911

Just checked the SuperStar site, and they’ve sold out of all the 27.2 KS Lev’s.

Hadn’t considered that Sambob – Good idea, but not sure I want to go to those drastic/expensive/warranty-voiding lengths though.

Edit – half tempted to ring them though, just so I can ask if they’re into reaming and stiffees. Might also ask if they’ve got any purple helmets in size large.

Simon

Gravity Dropper, very little to go wrong.

kevin1911

Are CRC the only place that sell the Gravity Droppers?

baldman
    Free Member

As sambob wrote, 18 bikes can ream it out to 30.9mm. They did my Cove for me and all is well so far.

Otherwise take a look at the Tmars / ICE V8 Gravity Dropper copies and shim.

kevin1911

Thanks Baldman – never heard of those before. Now doing some research…

kenkyujo
    Free Member

Kevin,
    If you’re interested I have a Gravity Dropper Classic Seatpost – Multi for sale

27.2mm, 350mm (4″) – RH Lever

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30191

Bought from Chain Reaction in November and fitted to hardtail for a 15 mile ride, used once, then sat in bike shed since. Hence excellent condition.
    Now have Reverb on FS bike so unlikely to take the HT out when need a dropper post.
    Currently selling for £206 on CRC, looking for ~£160.

Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post or not?’ is closed to new replies.