Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dropper post length
  • davela
    Free Member

I’m considering a dropper post for my Blur but I only have a total of 140mm from seat rail to top of the seat tube. Looking at the dimensions of the Reverb, it has 35mm for the top clamp and 35mm for the collar so that would only leave 70mm in travel.

Does this matter? Does the post need to fully extend or can it be used without ever fully extending?

Cheers, Dave

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does this matter? Does the post need to fully extend or can it be used without ever fully extending?

Yes the best bit is the fact that it always goes back to the right height. You generally (awaits to be proved wrong) can’t reduce the travel

Is your frame too big for you?

davela
    Free Member

Don’t think the frame is too big. It’s just that the Blur LT2 has a very high upswept seat tube. The frame length is fine. My wife’s medium LTC has more seat tube showing when set up for me but the frame doesn’t turn up as much as the non-carbon frame.

The drop on the Lev post looks the right length but the cost could be a bit high!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep it’s the super light xc race version.

I went to more drop on the LTc(2) from my old heckler which would allow 130mm Max, the LTc is 160/170 easy. Time for a new frame!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post length’ is closed to new replies.