Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dropper post in a work stand?
  • bigpole
    Free Member

Will it kill my dropper if I clamp it in my work stand ? Sorry if it sounds numb , but will it affect seals etc?

legend
    Free Member

No and no. Just make sure you clamp it by the bottom part

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you clamp the slider, without getting it really tight, you should be okay. Clamp the stanchion and you should get everything you deserve.

JoeG
    Free Member

I use one of these Thule 982XT adapters. Neither of my bikes with droppers can be clamped by the toptube, and I’m hesitant to clamp the dropper itself.

Northwind

Pretty sure the force my stand puts on the tube is less than the seatclamp. It’s a part designed to be squished.

torihada
    Free Member

Compress the dropper fully. Then release seat clamp QR and raise the post until there’s enough seat post (below the collar) showing to clamp in the stand. Tighten up QR. Clamp in stand, keeping remote cable clear of clamp.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

torihada – Member
    Compress the dropper fully. Then release seat clamp QR and raise the post until there’s enough seat post (below the collar) showing to clamp in the stand. Tighten up QR. Clamp in stand, keeping remote cable clear of clamp.

OK got point 1, whats a QR? binned them all when I fitted droppers….

legend
    Free Member

I’m hesitant to clamp the dropper itself.

Don’t know why you would be, all the Rockshox maintenance videos show you how to clamp on the Reverb

matther01
    Free Member

I dont take the chance and use a cheapo static post instead…but I have a LEV so much easier to just whip the cable off and swap posts 🙂

mrvear
    Free Member

Bloody Hell, how tightly are folk clamping their bikes up in stands.

mrvear
    Free Member

And what legend said.

scotroutes

That!

I normally just use the top tube. It’s not like it has to be clamped very tightly.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post in a work stand?’ is closed to new replies.