Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dropper Post Help (Reverb) – How to adjust absolute length?
  • dondapper
    Free Member

Hi there – Getting back into MTB after a few years’ hiatus to the dark side (road riding).

I’ve got myself a nice used example of an Orange Alpine 160 RS – complete with RockShox Reverb dropper post.

I’m new to droppers, and I’m trying to work out how to extend the absolute length of post. By ‘absolute length’ I mean the fixed portion of the seatpost that lives inside the seattube – how do I get more of that outside of the seattube, like a normal seatpost?

I’ve undone the seatclamp, but the post seems to be stuck. Not knowing the mechanics (but being aware of the price!) of a dropper, I’m hesitant to just yank it.

Have I missed something obvious? Or is it always fixed in position at a specific length unless you replace it?

Cheers!

oliverracing

It’s a just yank I’m afraid! If it’s internal routed make sure there the hose going into the frame is free to slide in and out as you don’t want to pull it out of the bottom of the post when it suddenly comes free*

*talking from experience

dondapper
    Free Member

Thanks!

After some more searching, I’ve found this is a relatively common issue with Reverbs (and droppers in general)!

Looks like blasting in some grease and warming up the seat tube might help.

carlos
    Free Member

Don’t just yank it!!!!

You could poss damage the sealing then it’ll start the sagging thing/not staying up. Best to try to twist it first by gripping the bit of the post below the collar, then pull up on that whilst twisting. At least till it’s really free and loose.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Unless using serious amounts of force a yank on a fully extended post shouldn’t be a problem should it? Bouncy reverbs are more likely due to pulling up on a dropped dropper

downhillfast
    Free Member

It sounds like the “seat post” part of your Reverb dropper post is just stuck in the frame.
    Treat it like any other aluminium seatpost stuck in an aluminium frame.
    Wiggle it, just a little bit 😀
    Penetrative oil. Patience. Try again.
    Be aware that too much heating of anything is going to be bad for paint, frame, and seatpost.
    If you haven’t already then try and prise open the seat clamp with a large flat bladed screwdriver or something, if it’s been over tightened then the “slot” in the frame can get distorted and close up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dropper Post Help (Reverb) – How to adjust absolute length?’ is closed to new replies.