Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dropper post for a Tallboy LT
  • granny_ring

At long last just about finished my build, 2012 alloy frame.
    Is there enough clearance in the frame for a 150mm drop post?
    Was thinking of getting one of These
    Ta.

granny_ring

Morning bump if anyone can advise ta.

Del

rather depends upon frame size and how much post you have showing for optimum height.
    oh – I have two levs – they’re very nice.

granny_ring

Mine’s a medium frame.
    Would it be worth asking you to measure how much of the post is in the frame on the lowest setting?
    Thanks.

Del

No, it wouldn’t! 😀
    useful thread here

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

This is an impossible question for anyone to answer. Only you can work this out by knowing the measurements of where you like to run your post.

You either need to…..
    (a) Measure how high the existing seatpost is out of the frame to get to the desired saddle height.

or

(b) Measure the distance from top of your seatpost to centre of the bottom bracket on any other bike.
    Subtract the seat tube length of the Tallboy.
    Thus giving you the same measurement as (a).

Reference the table in the previously linked thread and find out if there is enough visible seatpost on the Tallboy to allow you to run a 150mm post.

Del

Reference the table in the previously linked thread and find out if there is enough visible seatpost on the Tallboy to allow you to run a 150mm post.

and enough post length to meet minimum insertion requirement of both post and frame. 😉

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

and enough post length to meet minimum insertion requirement of both post and frame.

Given the post being asked about is one of the longest available, I think there will be bigger problems with frame fit than seat height if he’s running a 150mm post at minimum insertion!

Del

i did my sums pretty carefully, and have 30mm or so to spare, same post 😉

granny_ring

Thanks for the link I’ll have a look later.

granny_ring

All those figures are making my head spin 🙂
    Is it too easy to assume that if it’s possible to insert the seat post to the max insert mark in the seat tube ok without it sticking it will work ok?
    EDIT
    ie going by the table in the Alltricks link, if I can insert 220mm of my current seatpost into the the frame the 435mm KS will fit?

Sorry for being thick, tired today!

granny_ring

Anyone?
    If I can insert 220mm of my current seatpost into the the frame the 435mm KS will fit?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

ie going by the table in the Alltricks link, if I can insert 220mm of my current seatpost into the the frame the 435mm KS will fit?

No, that would assume that your current seatpost was exactly the same length as the KS. If you can insert your current post into the frame and have 215mm showing, then the KS will fit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post for a Tallboy LT’ is closed to new replies.