Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dropper Post Cable Routing on Frames Without Guides
  • P20

How are people routing dropper post remote cables on frames without guides? I presume it involves attaching it to the other cables hoses. Any pics would be good.

Flapjack
    Free Member
    chiefgrooveguru

Sharing the rear brake hose guides under the top tube, with cable ties replacing those clips (the ones that fall off all the time). Tidy.

Vortexracing

chiefgrooveguru +1

Matt_SS_xc

With my gravity dropper I’ve gone for a single ring meaning i can use the front mech guides on the top tube.really pleased with how neat it looks. Gf just joins hers to the rear brake hose.looks ok!

Simon

I’m using stick on cable guides along the top tube with the GD on my Prophet as all the other cables & hoses run underneath the down tube.
    They didn’t stay stuck though, now cable tied in place!

jedi

down the downtube for a reverb so the cable dont rub the tyre

colournoise

chiefgrooveguru – Member
    Sharing the rear brake hose guides under the top tube, with cable ties replacing those clips (the ones that fall off all the time). Tidy.

This.

slainte 🙂 rob

HermanShake
    Free Member

Ziptie on the TT as the cables/hose are routed along the downtube. I was concerned it was ugly for about a minute and then got over it 😉

P20

Cheers guys.

Northwind

I used the stick-on ones… None of them stayed stuck on though so I had to remove the adhesive tabs and reattach with strong glue. They’re not coming off again i think! Not the prettiest solution but the cable goes exactly where I want it now.

Brake hose guides didn’t work that well on my bike, they weren’t in quite hte right place so I ended up with cable everywhere when I dropped the post. But ymmv o’course and it’d be a better solution, if it worked.

P20

Another quick one, if you don’t mind. Gear outer or brake outer?

Junkyard
    Free Member

tucked between the cable for my front derailleur when i swap my GD between bikes.
    Propably not the neatest solution but piss simple for swapping bettwen bikes

domino

Anyone know of any reuseable Velcro type solutions? Using a zip tie which works fine but I suspect I will swap to a standard post a bit for some of my Yorkshire Dales rides where I don’t really need a dropper post.

monkeyboyjc

i’ve a roll of velcro ties like this for exactly this situation – when wrapped furry side down it doesnt mark the frame any way near as badly as a zip tie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dropper Post Cable Routing on Frames Without Guides’ is closed to new replies.