Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Dropper post
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’m thinking of a dropper post for my Whyte 901. I’d probably go for the Reverb Stealth but a few questions.
    How reliable are they? All the retailers have a fair few poor reviews – but lots of good ones as well. Is there something better out there?
    I wanted the Stealth as my bike has internal cable routing – how difficult is it to get the hose around the bottom bracket or is it something I should leave to my dealer?

jakehinton
    Free Member

Ive had two reverbs now. The first needed a service after about 2 years. No problems with either. A friend got one on a new bike which failed pretty much instantly and was quickly replaced. Fitting the cable was surprisingly easy.

kayak23

I’ve had nothing but reverbs. Had about 3 now and all still going but original one has developed a bit of play up and down. It’s an ifp problem I believe. Had it years though.

They are the most popular dropper I’d say so you’re bound to hear about bad experiences but there are more good ones you don’t hear about I’d wager.

If you do have a problem, warranty support is good.

I’d not hesitate to get another when my current ones die.

Lots of good things being said about the Bikeyoke Revive post at the moment. Might be worth a look.

tomhoward

I’m on my 6th Reverb now.

*awaits sharp intake of breath*

Calm down dears, 5 of them are still in my possession (one was attached to a bike I sold), and in perfect working order, the oldest of which is 4 years old. Only 1 have I had a potential issue with, but sent it to the shop and it came back working again, so no complains from me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post’ is closed to new replies.