Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dropper not drop enough?
  • r17anm
    Free Member

Do any dropper post owners find the amount of drop on your dropper not enough?
    I ask cos im torn between buying a 120 drop post which are in plenty or try and get my hands on a 150 ks lev.
    I dont want to settle for tye 120 to then want for a bit more later

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How much seat post do you have exposed? You can have the drop +about 50-60mm depending on the post. what’s your normal drop range?

JoeG
    Free Member

How tall are you? If you’re tall, you might need the longer drop. 125 mm should be enough for most average folks, I think.

I have a 125mm Lev. My bike could fit the 150, but I see no need for it. But I’m short.

The 150 is heavier than the 125, too. The added length when extended would certainly stress the keys, bushings, and such more as well.

r17anm
    Free Member

Im 6ft and need quite a lot of post showing for climbing. i will measure how much today and go from there
    Thanks

I_Ache
    Free Member

I too am 6ft and have a 125mm command post. More travel would be nice but 125 is enough. This is on a frame that is technically too small for me, so on one that is the correct size more drop would probably be too much.

singletrackjersey
    Free Member

I am 6 ft 2 and on my Mojo SL-R I found a dropper with a 125 not enough, i have found the LEV 150 a perfect!

Pist i ccan sell you one at Wiggle beating prices 😉

chiefgrooveguru

Mine has 100mm drop and that used to feel fine but now that I also ride a BMX it doesn’t feel enough. However, even with a dropper post that dropped the saddle rails to the top tube it would still feel a bit high!

stevied
    Free Member

A bit of a faff but you could do your normal ride and measure how much you actually drop your seat by. I’m looking into getting a dropper and did this. I was surprised to find I only dropped my seat by about 3-4″ so a 5″ drop would be plenty for me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dropper not drop enough?’ is closed to new replies.