• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by stox.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dropped the dog off (again) this morning…
  • stox
    Free Member

Following this thread almost two years ago where I dropped my dog off for hip surgery …

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dropped-the-dog-off-this-morning

Unfortunately the implant hasn’t been successful. Tilly has never really settled with it and the implant itself is infected and the antibiotics just can’t clear it. She has spent the past two weeks unable to put any weight on it.
    it was agreed the best course of action is to remove the implant.

I dropped Tilly off this morning and I’ve had a call to say its all been removed without any problems. I’ll get a call in the morning to let me know when I can collect her.

I really don’t know how this will pan out since her rear hips are so degenerated. I’m told she may walk a little odd and she will need hydrotherapy but she will not be feeling the pain she clearly has been with the implant in which is a huge bonus.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

🙁 and 😀 if it’s improving

Inbred456
    Free Member

My Mum rescued a Wippet that had been thrown off Bishop Auckland viaduct. Lost her tail and both hips had to be removed. Still like a rocket seems to cope fine. She is a slight dog though. Keep the weight off and I think you’ll be fine.

stox
    Free Member

Lost her tail and both hips had to be removed.

Out of interest was that done at Wear Referrals who were then based in bishop Auckland? I only ask because that’s who are looking after my dog

jambalaya
    Free Member

Best wishes to her, you too. Let us know

Inbred456
    Free Member

Sorry Stox not sure. She came through the RSPCA shelter at Meadowfield in Durham.

stox
    Free Member

No prob inbred456. Just curious.

Tillys home! Procedure went well. Implant came out without any issues. It was loose so that’ll explain some of the discomfort she must have been in.

We need her to start putting some weight on the leg but she is showing some encouraging signs already.

Got home and had her dinner so we’ll see how she goes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dropped the dog off (again) this morning…’ is closed to new replies.